summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, August 14, 2008

joseph's new glasses

and no, I didn't get a picture....he does look sharp, though....but he chipped his front tooth on a Push-pop candy, and he has been wearing this funky leather hat.....he is such a good boy, but he looks like a ? Hick? Well, he is one of those. A red-neck? I don't know. But he is a good boy. He appreciates life. He's considering going into nursing, nursing school. He wants to get an education, a career, just to finance his true loves, music and art. He knows it's difficult to make a living off those things.

I had a great day today. I helped out a friend, who needed a ride to pick up her van, so she could go back home to Ottowa. She is from Holland, her name is Ninka. She helps take care of an older woman who is parylized from polio. Anyway, I drove her the 45 minutes to pick up the van, which had broke down, and was fixed. We had a great time talking....I probably won't see her again until the next church conference in the fall.

I brought Joseph to pick up his glasses, and Sam, Molly, Evelyn, and Camille went along too. We went to Kohls to pick up some sandals for Joe, and I got him some clearance shorts, and some for Aaron and Sam, too. Then on to Target, which I cannot resist.....got some cheap stuff for school, t-shirts for Sam, ect. Then to Price-Chopper. Joseph does not like shopping, but he came in the store as I pointed out that it isn't fair for him to sit in the van while I do all the work. He helped by putting peanut butter cups and Slim Jims in the cart. Then he found the Lord Of The Rings trilogy (books) for $4.95......he has read them repeatedly, but was glad to have crisp new copies....so it was good he went in the store.

Then, some gas in the van and home in time for dinner......but the fun part of the day was sharing time with Joe, Sam, Molly, and Evelyn (who wore the wreckiest (is that a word?) pair of flip-flops I have ever seen, which broke, which meant she HAD to have new ones today.....smart girl) ....

Okay, I went into the bathroom today. Knock, knock, knock.....mommy, mommy!!! I did my hair in a new style, wanna see it? Not right now, in a minute.....knock, knock, knock......mommy, can I go with you, please please please??? I don't know yet who's going....just a minute. Knock, knock, knock.....mommy, Evelyn said she's going, that's not fair!!!.......Me: okay, okay, I'm hurrying.....wait a minute: why do I always have to hurry? Leave me alone please!!!

As I write this, Jon and Charlotte Claire are going wild with all the bedding that is clean from the laundry mat and still in the living room....10 comforters, at least.......

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

So you cant go to the bathroom without someone talking to you either?? i am glad its not just my kids who suddenly NEED to talk to me right there and then :-)

I wrote on my blog about my 'scary' amount of washing to fold.. Ha, i dont know what i'd do if i had yours lol ;-)

Cassandra xx