summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, August 15, 2008

look out zoo, the zoo's here

Paul was home from work today, so we went to the zoo. But let me back up a minute...Last night, fun. I got Camille in bed after dinner, and made some popcorn and read stories to the crazy kids who were jumping on the comforters.....then, the phone rang. The dreaded ....but it wasn't too bad, I guess. Abigail dislocated her knee playing volleyball....did I want them to call an ambulance, or try to take her? I said to call the ambulance because: I had the same thing happen when I was a teenager, and in my humble opinion, I would rather give birth without medication than suffer that again. It hurt like crazy. Anyway, Margaret and I got in the truck, and headed out 40 minutes to the hospital to meet them....we left around 10pm, and got home with a morphined-naseaus Abigail with a leg in a brace and crutches at 3:15 am.....I tell you, the fun never ends. Abigail couldn't be sedated because she had eaten icecream a few hours earlier, so they just medicated her, and snapped it back in....needless to say, Margaret and I left as quick as our little legs could carry us....but it seems Emily found it fascinating. She wants to learn how to do it....oh dear, I can't even think about it....so, another monkey wrench in the monkey wrench pile......I was going to take Abigail to the hospital with me next week for Aaron's surgery.....

Charlotte Claire loved the zoo. She was tickled at the penguins.....but my batteries ran out, not properly charged....oops.
No, he wasn't crying, he just caught a glimpse of the dreaded camera. Now that they know I have a blog, they run and hide....I don't see why, he is a handsome enough kid, Aaron is.....

Camille......she didn't really know where she was, but she was happy.

The kids liked the bears alot!



Camille......



Kathryn Grace, Evelyn Joy, Sonja Kathleen, Suzanne Eleanor, and Jonathan Robert.....they liked the elephants....


We only brought the eleven youngest because Emily had to work, Ab was on the couch with her injury, Ben had to work, M. had to stay home and enjoy the sun, and Joe had to do what Joe does: play guitar.
I have to get the kids to bed, they are extra tired, and so is Mommy.....I had so little sleep last night, I don't even want to think about it. Charlotte Claire is in bed, she missed her nap today. But the others need me.....daddy and the older kids are at a meeting, so I am on my own....





1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Oh no! i hope Abigail feels better soon ;-)