summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

a new sunny morning

I survived yesterday, even had some fun. We had to pick up Aaron's glasses, 40 minutes away, and Joe had to have his eye exam....so we (Joe 17, Aaron 15, Molly 14, Sonja, 6, Camille, and I) left around 2:30, stopped for ice-cream (does anyone else out there just love soft ice-cream? especially choc./van. twist!!) My kids only ususally get to do these things a few at a time when they go with me....anyway, we went to Sears (good clearance sales), Target (good clearances, too), Price-Chopper, then P&C, then home....by 9:30.....The fun? Shoppping with Molly and Aaron....in Price-Chopper (grocery store), they were spying on the bread man....waiting for more bread samples.....they like to pretend they are shopping, buying things like 3 huge packages of Depends, several mops and brooms, ect, then put them back....then they put a "paid" sticker on Camille's forehead.....and spending time with Joseph is always good. He is my creative one. He draws, sketches, plays guitar, and piano....and he appreciates beauty....the moon was stunning last night, and the sky was pink, purple, as the sun set....and he loves clouds....we can just drive and look at these things, and be happy. And he is open-minded about music. I turned on the radio to retaliate against the lady in the car next to us (country, really loud), and it was Boston....music from my teens, and Joe was okay with it...but mostly we listen to his stuff (Dream Theatre), not too loud, so we can still talk....

Anyway, we got home and some of the younger ones were still up....when they saw all the shopping bags, they were going crazy....no, no, not 'til tomorrow!!! We got them all in bed, then Miss Camille......and I heard some kids in the hot-tub....Joe, Aaron, Sam, and Molly were in there.....so I went out and joined them....nice, clear, starry skies....then a shower, and time for bed......I had a clean nightie from the laundry, but when I got in bed----no pillow, still in the camper!!!!!

While I was doing these things yesterday, Emily took her car in for repair, and brought Margaret, Sam, Suzanne, and Jon with her, brought them for ice-cream, and to the library.....Abigail brought Evelyn to the laundry-mat, and they got ice-cream....and M. stayed home and mowed the lawn (by choice, she likes the sunshine)....

Today I would really like to get outside and enjoy some sunshine, too. I have to pack the kids' clothes and stuff, but I need some down time today.....Camille needs me right now, and Charlotte Claire is changing her own diaper...the bigger kids are all still in bed....

No comments: