summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 4, 2008

reality

Last night, after all the little ones were in bed, I sat here on the computer, and partly watched "The Talented Mr. Ripley" with the older kids, it was interesting, but pretty bad....then, I went in and took a shower, and discovered my two favorite nighties were still in the camper....Camille was in bed, in front of the dresser, where the other nighties are....so I had to put on a t-shirt.....then I climbed into my bed only to discover I hadn't brought in my pillow from the camper, either.....then Camille, used to sleeping next to mommy in the camper, woke up 3 times to nurse.....then this morning, she woke up bright and early.....and no sooner did I get her out of her cute little pink bed, and Charlotte Claire was up, storming out of her room....I ran out and got her a bottle, and herded her into my room, to lie in bed with me while I nursed Camille, buying a little more sleep for the 4 little ones in the other room.....Charlotte Claire loves rousing them awake.....so anyway, here we are....the younger ones need breakfast, and I need to either get busy on the laundry (we've done 4 loads already), or plan a trip to the laundro-mat and get it all done at once.....I also need some groceries (surprise!).....and next week is our church summer conference....we will haul our camper out there and stay for 5 days.....so we need to vacuum out the Adirondack dirt, and re-pack....plus, I do a cookie-decorating thing for Children's Day every year, and have to buy the stuff for it....plus, I have to buy lots of candy for the "candy store", the favorite thing about the conference for the kids.....plus, I have to look for little plastic boats for Emily's splash center for the kids....plus, Abigail's car won't start.....and Ben has college stuff to be straightened out....and Sam is going to his friend's party tomorrow, and needs a present....and Aaron's glasses are in, and Joe needs an appointment to get his eyes checked when I pick up Aaron's glasses......and I am still kind of looking for some patio furniture (we had an old table that got smashed in a storm), I want some for 75% off......but I can't fit it in the van anyway.....and the van started making noise again....and the seatbelts aren't fixed yet, I need to call the dealer....Emily's car failed inspection because the ENGINE light won't go off.....yeah, sometimes the older ones are more work than the younger ones.....anyway, my brain started ticking about all these things (I have to pack again!)....(I have to plan meals for next week!).......as soon as I opened my eyes this morning...(I have to start pumping milk, as I am leaving my incredible nursing baby for 5 days in a few weeks).....(I have to make arrangements about where to stay, as the hospital for Aaron's surgery is almost 3 hours away)......yeah, yeah, it will all fall into place....but: I want to go back to the mountains, sit in my chair, stare off into the distance, sip my coffee, and think about nothing.....

6 comments:

Enola said...

Maybe the incredible nursing baby will not be so incredible when you return - maybe more like a normal scheduled baby?

Can I ask you a question about pumping/nursing? I'm getting ready to have my 2nd. I nursed my first 26 months, and nursed her exclusively for 14 months which meant pumping at work. She is now 4 1/2 and this little one is due in 7 weeks. I pulled out my pump (medela PIS) and equipment and plan to sterilize it. Do I need new tubing? Or do you think it's okay? TIA

Cassandra said...

Hi Della, I was so happy to see you blogging, i missed your posts ;-) The pictures are great! All the kids looked like they had so much fun! Your Van is HUGE!!! we cant even get anything like that over here....
I hope you whip through everything you have to do quickly and get some fun time in today too..
Cassandra xxx

Anonymous said...

aww man you are leaving again?! ANd then again after that?!!

what am i gonna do? I'm gonna go crazy.

:( im all sad now. I mean i know you need to have a life but i want you home :( (even better i want you to move to alabama lol)

Suburban Correspondent said...

This was definitely not a relaxing read - sounds like my life, but on speed.

Brandi said...

I find having five and trying to work with their needs and schedules daunting at times, and then I read your post! Wow is all I can say.

6 Monkeys and Me said...

I have just found your blog for the first time & am enjoying it. I have 6 under 4 and love my crazy chaos here. Most people think I'm nuts but thanks to finding blogs like your's I feel normal to gasp,... still want more babies. Thanks for sharing