summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, August 29, 2008

nice cloudy day

Some of us here really like the cloudy weather. We took a trip to pick up Abigail from college, she commutes with some of her cousins, about 25 miles each way. Their schedules differed today, and she had physical therapy at 3:00, so off we went. I brought: Molly, Samuel, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. We went early so we could go to the dollar store and Big Lots. A few of the girls had dollars, so they got to pick something to buy in the dollar store. Sonja had a giant Tinkerbell pencil (I tried to talk her out of it!) and a necklace. She handed the cashier the $2, and I told her she needed more for tax. She said she didn't need any tax, thank you. Sorry, Sonja, tax isn't optional. I think she was thinking "tacks", and wondered why we thought she was buying some.

We went to BigLots and got some summer stuff 75%off for next year. Goggles, a couple of inflatable pools, and some flip-flops. Apparently, girls can never have too many shoes.

We picked Abigail up, the guy behind us looked so ticked off that he actually had to wait for the girl with crutches to get into the van. Sorry, Bud!

Then I took them to McDonalds. Two things each from the $1 menu. We went in the restaurant to eat, and I totally forgot that we had to get Abigail to physical therapy. I suddenly remembered, and had to hurry them to the van, which was a bummer because they were having so much fun. And being good, too. And, I was thinking of getting a coffee and enjoying the kids....

Well, we came home and Sam made me a cup of instant while I nursed Camillle. Not too bad, I guess. Now the dreaded dinnertime is looming. I am going to try to start with the menu planning again. I have alot of options tonight, as I just did grocery shopping yesterday. And since we went to the farmer's market, we have plenty of good fresh fruit and veges to eat. Things used to be alot easier, as far as meals go. There's no way I can serve leftovers, not for this many people. There just are never enough leftovers. And the idea to make a double batch of dinner, and freeze some for later - how could I fit that much in the pot? Anyway, I am sure when the weather gets cooler and I am home more, I will plan a little better. See how I fool myself?

All of our older kids, from Sam on up, except Benjamin,will be going to a youth conference this weekend. They will stay for the weekend. Abigail and Aaron may commute, though. So maybe Paul and I will have a little more time together. The younger ones go to bed much earlier. If you didn't check out the link to my church, www.Brunstad.org, now is a good time to look at it. There is an article about the children that I found very helpful and encouraging.

It always seems like it takes way more patience to deal with these guys than I could possibly ever posess. But God would not just give us these children, and then leave me high and dry. When I ask, He helps. He is opposed to the proud, gives grace to the humble. So when I see the way I am, I am in a good spot. He will help me.

2 comments:

Renata said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog for a while & thought I should comment! You truely are amazing - I feel overwhelmed at times taking my 4 shopping - you took more than double that! I hate nights when you don't know what to cook - I need my menu planner (which I should do today). Hope you have a nice weekend & get some quality time with your hubby!

Anonymous said...

OOO I do have to say, I love that skirt your daughter all the way to the left with the pink shirt is wearing! Very cute! You have a beautiful family!