summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 23, 2008

here in aaron's room

He has been feeling pretty sick....He has gotten up a few times....the nurse is supposed to be in here in a few minutes to get him up and try walking the hall, but he feels queasy......

I stopped at the Tim Horten's and got Aaron his favorite kind of donuts, chocolate glazed, but he doesn't even want the box near him..maybe later.....meanwhile, I won't even look at the box...

Several times a day, the lullabye music resonates through the hall, celebrating the arrival of another newborn baby...it makes me want one. There are also a few sick babies on the floor, and I find myself wanting to hold and rock them....I wish I was younger and life was longer, and after my kids were grown, I could be a neo-natal nurse.....or a midwife....but I'll probably end up with tons of grandchildren, which will also be heavenly......

It is strange to be on hiatus from normal life. I am glad we brought Camille with us....I would feel really guilty being away from her.....with the others, I am confident that they are being taken care of as well as I could do, if not better, as the older have more energy than I do....and when I get home, I know darn well they are going to act up, kids subconsciously punish parents for leaving....

3 comments:

cheryl said...

I remember the sick babies on the floor when Katie was getting her treatments. Ellen was only 2 weeks old when she started them, and I'm sure that's what kept me from crying every time I saw them. Some of them didn't have Mommy with them all the time, for whatever reason, and we saw a couple that didn't have their mothers visiting even everyday. I realize it's hard being in 2 places at once, in fact it's impossible, so I guess we've been fortunate to have things work out. Your punishment for leaving your others will most likely be fairly short and light. They will probably be so excited to have you back, and you're extremely blessed, to have the older ones that you can trust to take over.
Hope Aaron gets stronger and his pain gets weaker!

Martha said...

I have been blessed with very few hospital trips for my kids and even fewer surgeries. Josiah had catarct surgery when he was 10 and came out of his sleep flailing in pain and grabbing his eye. They put him back under quick and the nextt ime he was oaky. As a moms we feel so helpless when we cannot take the pain away.

I hope tomorrow he is much improved.

Martha said...

Aaron that is.