summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

5 kids in bed.....

and alot still up. I can't concentrate very well when so many of the big kids are still up and about, but that's okay. I just feel like writing a bit.....

Random things to be thankful for:

1. Ibuprofen....

2. Lots of fresh apples

3. Our cozy living room full of big kids...

5. My almost 12 year old knows how to make brownies...



Okay, does the state of the economy scare the heck out of anyone besides me? On the one hand, I do believe, as always, that when you seek first the kingdom of heaven, all things are added to you, and being anxious does not add a single cubit to your life....those things are written in the bible, and I do believe them....but things are going to get rough. 2/3 of the U.S. economy is consumer spending, which is way way down....and lots and lots of other depressing statistics.....I think we are going to look back on these times in the very near future, and look back with longing for how good we had it. I had a dream several years ago, that everything was bleak and dark , and I was in a store with my father. The shelves were mostly bare, except for canned vegetables. My father had a huge wad of cash, just to buy one case of corn....I was crying in the dream, it was so depressing. This is one dream that won't come true, because my father died almost 2 years ago. Sometimes I am kind of glad he isn't around for the inflation, and increasing economic woes of these days, the anxiety would drive him insane..... but I think there is going to be alot of suffering in the days ahead.

Sorry for being Mrs. Sunshine. I guess the first statements don't agree with the paragraph that followed. I think that means that Mrs. Sunshine has to really do some thinking about faith. If I am tempted to be anxious and worried, that's okay. Tempted is the key word. Now is a good time to really trust God. I will really work on that. I have all these kids looking to me, and I need to be thoroughly rooted and grounded in what I know is right.

3 comments:

Piper Paradise said...

I am freaking out about the economy too, if that gives you any comfort. With another to feed, that just adds the stress. I have to remember that God will provide - just have faith. But the media doesn't help with all the doom and gloom. Guess I should turn off the TV and enjoy what we have.

Martha said...

Um, I hate to mention this but, can you count?

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh, that's funny, apparently not....I didn't even notice that missing 4....