summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, October 6, 2008

monday afternoon

The kids are home from school. They brought Charlotte Claire out to play, and now are in the living room making forts with blankets. Evelyn is working on her book report, that is due on October 29th, because if you get it in earlier, that's better, according to her. Where did SHE come from?

My sweet little Camille has been taking a monster nap this afternoon, which is fine with me. She took several naps last night, too. She had cuddles and nursies 6 times last night. So mommy is a zombie. And once again, I went in and got all snug in my bed for a much needed rest, and just couldn't relax. Just kept thinking about that walk I could be taking. And that the kids would be coming home. And the clothes in the dryer, and that I hadn't even thought about dinner yet......so, I read my book for a few minutes, rested, got back up, and put on those flashy new sneakers......

I just cannot believe how much I like walking. The fresh air. The beautiful autumn trees, the fields....we do live on a very pretty country road, nice and winding and hilly.....I actually like going up the hills in some perverse way, because to be honest, it hurts. I am very out of shape. But over all, I am hooked. I just wish this nice weather was here to stay, but I know the howling winds and ice and snow are just around the corner.......Anyway, what I just love about the walks, is the 30 minutes of uninterupted thoughts. Today I stuck my cell phone in my pocket, just in case anyone wants to mug me, and Jon saw me do it. He said they would call me if they had anything to tell me. Okay, I said as I thought, Please, no, Please, no.....

Well, I came in from my walk and made dinner: chilli with burger and hot Italian sausage......I didn't spice it up too much, though. We have some leftover rice, and leftover pasta in the 'fridge for the little kids to eat it with. A few of them will barely touch it, but lots of them like it.

If you have a little boy or two, or three,or four....and you need something cheap, neat, and fun for them to do: have them gather several Hotwheel or Matchbox cars together, and sit down on the floor with them with a new roll of scotch tape.....line up the cars like a train, and tape them together. Most kids like trains.....Jonathan invented this, and it keeps him busy for a bit....today, he tried to tape his Little Tikes Cozy coupe, which is big enough for him to ride in, to a ride-on tractor. Didn't work.

Well, I'd love to write more, but I have some clothes in the dryer, and some in the washer.....and I wanted to make some cookies for the kids....hmm why does the cookie idea sound so much better?

8 comments:

Renata said...

You're doing so well with your walking! Great idea with sticking the cars together - I'm sure my boys would all love that idea!

mommeeof10 said...

cookies-yum! I made chocolate cake for my daughters class, but forgot to cut a piece rom the second one for my dinner at work. I'll bet it will be all gone by the time I get home.

I didn't need the calories, but it sure would have tasted good.

Dreaming Star said...

No I don't mine it at all I mean you reading my blog, & plus I read your like almost every day =) lol.

I am home schooled .
I am about to go to public school like maybe as soon as next week . Truthfully I'm frightened . I mean I really could care less if they like me or not . But I don't know . I have never been put into this style of school work before so I don't know if I will be abel to do it .


I have always felt that the church was the place for me . And I truly believe that I will always be here . I mean were else would I go ?

Dreaming Star said...

Oh and by the way were is the blog about the kids & the burping contest ?

16 blessings'mom said...

Mrs. Brave: burping contest was in the August archives...when we were at the hospital with Aaron....Aug.19? or 20th....

della

Cassandra said...

ah yes the cars and sticky tape lol, mine like to stick paper wings to the cars and pretend they can fly, keeps them busy for ages ...
Your so good going on your walks, i should do it too i know, maybe when i start to feel better ;-)

Cassandra xx

Dreaming Star said...

thanks . hehe .

Um I don't know if you would know how to do this or not but I'll give it a shot . O my bolg I used a yahoo email instead of a gmail & now I'm having a bit of trouble logging in to my blog it takes me like five tries to even get into it & its really getting on my nerves . I have tried to change it but it says that changing my email address wont change the login address .

Kathyb1960 said...

Another fun thing to do w/ a bunch of little cars, is get a bunch of dominos, too. If you have a big flat area like a large floor, or patio, you can have loads of fun making paths for the cars to go through and all sorts of fun!