summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 18, 2008

my kids.....

Molly brings her camera with her when we shop....here we have Camille and Suzanne.... Jonathan, Molly, and Sonja...


Wow, beautiful sky over Target....


Please can we have these, we're cold, Mom....Aaron and Molly...





Aaron....behave! and Margaret....


Camille trying out the merchandise...this chair was just right!







Molly and Camille, and yes Camille is on clearance....






What a bargain, a baby, cheap!









I am not sure what they were doing here....











Okay Aaron, does it fit?






Wow, someone is throwing away a perfectly good baby!












Lovely girl......











These suit her....















Hmm.....














Yes, she likes to shop....














I don't think I like this on her....


See, I told you that Aaron and Molly fool around in the stores. But I didn't know the extent of it until I saw these pictures on Molly's camera. I was not present for most of those pictures, especially the one of her on the shelf, and the trash can one....
We had homemade pizzas tonight, one was green peppers, red onions, bacon, pepperoni, and cheese....oh, it was good....and some chicken wings...some were hot Buffalo, and some barbecue for the little ones.....it took a while to prepare, but the kids like to help with the dough, and put the cheese on. Charlotte Claire treats it like an all you can eat pizza making buffet. She grabs things off the pizzas as we make them. In her defense, she was very hungry, dinner was late, and I didn't make her wait...as soon as one pizza was done, I gave her some....as opposed to waiting for everything to be done, and everyone seated. We really "need" two ovens....we had to wait for the two trays of wings to cook before we could put the pizzas in, and only could make 2 pizzas at a time....
It was a nice day here in the Northeast. Sunny, breezy, not too cool....perfect for being outside. Paul and the kids moved the remains of the woodpile from the driveway, finally....and the kids loved having the whole driveway....so they had their sidewalk chalk out....it kept them very busy.
I did get a small nap today.....sometimes it feels nice to catch up a little ....and I also went in the hot tub with Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire. So I can't say I was busy all day. But it seems like it. We had a big breakfast this morning....standing there cooking pancakes, bacon, and eggs, seems like it takes forever.....then the cleanup....the kitchen wasn't cleaned up until like 11:30.......
I hate having things hanging over my head that I know I have to do. Margaret needs braces, I have taken her in for x-rays, and a price estimate. Now I need to make the appointment for her to get them put on.....and my dog, he is not doing so well....but today he had a good day...when is a good time to call the vet? I still haven't cut my long tangly hair, and it is long and tangly. I have tons of things to put up on ebay.....and things to bring to the Salvation Army. On the plus side, I did buy the wall mount for the tv, and Paul put it up today.....way too high! He asked me where to put it, and I told him, and then he hung it up higher.....everyone that walks in says it's too high....he said that's the only way he could do it...so why did he ask me?
We have things we want to do around here, too. We never got the living room carpet replaced, it is 16+ years old, with some continuous wear and tear. With no play room or family room, this room is IT for constant use. Even with no shoes worn in the house, it looks pretty bad. We are trying to choose between hardwood and engineered wood flooring. Installing it ourselves, of course. And we have some windows to replace. When we built the house, we put in these nice Anderson windows, tilt out, wood frames....and most of them have just rotted. Seriously rotted. We have even stripped some of them and refinished them, and they are still rotting. We have looked and looked, and cannot find any of the warranties or receipts for these windows. We have twenty windows in the house. It would be too expensive to replace all of them at once....Paul did one already....it looks nice....but it doesn't match all the rotty ones.....
Well, I am sure everyone has their lists of things to be done.....things that may never get done. Yet we somehow survive.....
















5 comments:

junglemama said...

How cute! Looks like you guys have a lot of fun shopping!

mommeeof10 said...

We had 15 windows replaced a few years ago. We still need to replace at least 8 more for the main part of the house, plus the 7windows on the sunporch. They will have to wait for a few years.

Amber said...

Looks like the kids had a good time shopping. In case you ever wonder what your kids are up to when mom' not looking now you have proof! We need to replace all the windows in our house too... shutter to think how much that is going to be.

Renata said...

Can you pick up one of those babies on clearance for me? - just post it - wait a second, we may have a problem with customs - oh well you had better keep her!!!
Love the glimpse into your life - your kids have a great sense of humour - was laughing at the pictures.
The pizza sounds yummy - & yes I think you do need 2 ovens - we have 2 (they came with the house) & we made pizzas on Saturday (we had visitors so we had 10 people total) & we cooked them in both ovens & it was great!

Dreaming Star said...

Heheeh . Your children are quite funny . lol