summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 17, 2008

friday night again

and it was another night with only Charlotte Claire and Camille. Anyone out there with two kids: never say, "I only have two...." I find it hard with only the two of them. They are 18 months apart, and wow, are they busy. Kathryn gave Charlotte Claire a piece of gum before she left tonight, and Charlotte took it out of her mouth, and gave it to Camille. Then she wanted it back. I had to save her fingers. I had to help Charlotte Claire construct a Camille-proof barricade so she could play dollhouse without King Kong getting everything. But it didn't work. She pulled herself up on the dollhouse, and shook it.....dollhouse earthquake! Camille was pretty tired, too....I finally convinced Charlotte Claire to sit on the couch with a few books, so I could get Camille settled down into bed. I told her that when I got baby into bed, I would read to her....so, she sat with her books and waited. Then I read her a few stories.....then all the kids came in the door from activity club. They had a big theme party, From Mexico. Pinata, limbo game....ice cream...

So, now they are settled down, and it is relatively quiet.

Emily got ripped off today. She had the day off, and she had some recipes she wanted to try.....and she was making dinner for us, yay! So, I had my Walmart trip planned. And Camille was very tired and getting fussy. Now, I like taking my kids with me. But she was obviously wanting her bed. So, Emily said I could go ahead and put her to bed.....so I did. Then I got to work getting the other ones ready to go.....Sonja had skipped school, and she was already dressed. I was putting Charlotte Claire's tights on her, and she was not co-operating. I asked her if she wanted to stay home, and she said yes......then, Jon was hemming and hawing....(as my mother used to say)......and I suggested he stay home, too. That I would even bring him home a prize! So, he conceded to stay home with Emily. Hey, she said.....I am getting ripped off.....

She took them in the hot tub, gave them lunch, and put Charlotte Claire into bed.....not too bad...

Sonja and I went off in Emily's car instead of the 15 passenger van, yay! We went to the dollar store, where I stocked up on granola bars, baking chips, and some accessories for Halloween for Sonja and the little girls. The Pepperidge Farms bread man was just arriving when I got there, so I got a variety of bread for $1 a loaf. There is a limit of 3, but I had Sonja buy one with her dollar, and I bought her locking diary with my check...so I could get four. Fair or not, we do have a lot of people, and if a little old lady and her husband can get 3, we can get four...see how I rationallize these things? I actually felt a little guilty. But, raisin bread and cranberry orange bread, and oatmeal bread for a dollar.... And a car for Jon.

Then to BigLots, where I got some microwave popcorn, undies for the girls, and Jon, and some other "necessities." Then to Walmart. I wanted a kit to hang the flatscreen tv, before the kids wreck it, sitting here on the coffee table against the far wall. The cheapest one was $80! No way! So I got a few groceries, and went to B.J.s, and they had a wall mount kit for $56, and it was much better. So I got that, more granola bars, ground beef, some chocolate....

Gas was $2.88 when I got into the city, and $2.80 when I left....why is almost as scary as when it went up so rapidly?

I had a good time with Sonja today. With her reddish curly hair and freckles, and big green eyes, she is such a cutie. And so sincere. But also a conniver. She has been complaining about having underwear that is too small. So I found some High School Musical undies for $2, but they were small. Oh, mommy, they will fit!!! No, I said, but you can have these bunny ones....no, she didn't want them...okay, I'll get them for Suzanne....NO, no, I want them mommy!!! So, it's safe to say Sonja is a little bratty. I enjoyed walking with her and holding her hand. Giving her some extra one on one attention.

So, Emily's dinner tonight: roast beef and gravy with mashed potatoes, and corn. And homemade chocolate cake with almond, and apple tart with butter crust for dessert. How can you beat coming home to that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy im hungry! I love reading about your days. I am guilty of saying "well SHE should have more than one child" as if i have tons lol. There is this lady who constantly criticizes everyones parenting tactics when she only has one child. And lol i only have 3. 3...lol that sounds funny to say. But all 3 of mine are finally home with me and I am looking forward to snuggling with catherine and sarah in bed. :)

hugs girl.

Peta said...

I went to the supermarket by myself today and still managed to buy lots of treats for the kids and new cars for the little boys. I WAS BY MYSELF I dont think the kids sucker me into buying for them anymore, I think I just do it to see the smiles on there faces.
Can We come to yours for dinner, sounds YUMMY.

FLmom7 said...

I found my first and 2nd babies to be most difficult because of the age gap (15 months) and then my 3rd and 4th were 18 months apart and that was very demanding as well. I think they're easier when they're spaced out more (but when they're older it's nice when they're closer in age...so I don't know).