summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 9, 2008

almost bed time....

and I feel bad about it, but I cannot wait....the thing is, Camille is in an evening nap, and when these guys go to bed, she'll be up again.....not that that's bad, but I am old and tired.....

We went today.....went, went, went.....went to Walmart, (I know, I know, again!!).....then to a really nice playground that these younger kids never went to before. A strong memory of my mom, going there. She went places with me all the time, and playgrounds were a favorite. Just let them loose, and we could sit and talk.....Jon and Charlotte Claire just loved the playground.....either Abigail, Margaret, or I would loosely follow Miss Charlotte around, as she is only two years old....but mostly we just watched them play. There were lots of other kids there, and I noticed how much their moms (and dads) hovered. Played with them, shadowed them....hmmmm, did I ever do that? Charlotte Claire was quite impressed with an ongoing sandbox fight, two little boys both wanted the fire truck.....Jon wanted it too, but he didn't have a chance....he told me he was going to go play, and come back when they were done with it.....well, Jon had his chance: the boy who was hogging it wandered away - Jon was like lightening......he was just so thrilled......he got about 3 minutes with it before the boy noticed,ran, and grabbed it away from him.....the boy's parents were busy with his brother....what could I do? Jon just let him have it, (like he had a choice).....and I really praised him for not socking the kid one....I had to practically put my hand over Sam's mouth, as he was trying to tell Jon he should've punched the kid....thanks, but no thanks, Sam....

Then, Abigail, being the nice girl she is, took Sam, Jon, and Charlotte Claire home for me, so I could finish up some shopping in B.J.'s.....see, B.J.'s has these double car carts....and Charlotte Claire, when she hasn't had her nap, especially, always wants whatever side Jon has....so she leans into him, and tries to get him to move....

Then home for dinner.....and the older kids have a youth meeting tonight....so they had to get out the door....and I sneaked out for a 20 minute walk.....

Now, I have to get going and help get these guys to bed......it has been another busy day here in busy town....(Richard Scarry?)......

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work with the walking. I am on a weight loss plan myself and I try to walk or run everyday. I've been doing good so far and I can't believe that you are able to even find time to go having to take care of so many children. I admire your hard work and although I don't know you, I hope that I can have many children and manage the house and take care of them all like you do. I enjoy reading your blog :) And I'm not a stalker! haha

Lilium said...

mom, you can read my blogs if you want, but you dont have to talk about it in front of everyone though. I dont really care.

Martha said...

"old and tired" huh? Well, I guess I know how you feel some days. Old and tired, me too.

Renata said...

I'm not surprised you feel tired. Well done for taking the kids to the playground - it sounds like they had a good time (shame about that mean boy though)!

Amber said...

I have found your blog via another friend of mine, heather. I have to say I LOVE reading about your daily life. Your babies are beautiful and you must be so proud. Keep up the good work!