summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, October 12, 2008

almost quiet here

Charlotte Claire doesn't say too much, but she can say, "No, Mom!" That was in response to my stupid question, inquiring if she wanted to go to bed now.....she accompianied her verbal protest with some rolling around on the couch..... Oh, poor thing....I guess you CAN stay up a little later......ha. Do you like her outfit? She picked it out herself....

Jonathan liked Margaret's chocolate cake....

How can you not like it? The frosting is melted chocolate chips and butter....deadly.


It is good to be thankful everyday. I think I'll choose some random things to be thankful for.
1. I am especially thankful that I can put my trust in God. My life is in His hands. Just think, He knows the beginning and the end. I don't need to worry about things. Isn't that fantastic?
2. I will be tempted to be anxious and worry about things. But I am thankful that I do not have to give in, I can say, "NO" to the spirit of anxiety, and trust God.
3. I am thankful my husband is such a saint. I really saw what a complainer I was being, and I thought, "How can he stand me?" And hey, how often do I really see what a complainer I am? He bears alot....
4. I am thankful for my comfortable chair, and my laptop computer. Each day, I check out our church website, Brunstad.org., and I get encouraged by the simple uplifting articles.....plus, I love reading blogs.....
5. I am thankful for the fun and fellowship here at home. Tonight I got down on the floor with the kids, and played with them for a while. Life can't be all work and no play....
And, I am thankful for Mariel. She did indeed leave for Canada. I will miss her. She better email me. I know she will have a really nice time, and that she will be a blessing to those she is helping. I never intended to get so attached to having her here, but hey, why not. Now, I am on my own again. Emily the nurse has very few free days, with full time work and college too...she is continuing her education to be either a midwife, or nurse practitioner, or something....and Abigail is in her 4th year of college, accounting major, and extremely busy with studying. Next comes Benjamin, who works and goes to school....I rarely see him....then Mariel.....then Joe.....well, I hate to say it, but boys just aren't as much help.....besides, he is a senior in high school, and all the rest down to Jon are in school....so, if I have anything to do during school hours I am on my own......which is normal, I have just been spoiled with Mariel here.....and I am getting old. I am not in my twenties anymore, or in my thirties either. And I am feeling it. I just don't bounce back so quickly when I lose sleep.....those late nights are killers....
Tomorrow is Columbus Day. Day off from school.....YES!!!!!!!! And: it is supposed to be warm and sunny!!!!! We retrieved our inflatable pool from the woods, it has been there since the last bad storm, and the kids are planning a swim for tomorrow. I say, put the pool back next to the hot tub, and go back and forth.....and they are planning to put the hose on the trampoline, which seems dangerous to me, but they just love it.....yes, i am a lucky girl.......

3 comments:

junglemama said...

Thanks for your sweet comments. Your children are precious too! I bet it is hard watching your children grow up and fly the coop.

Renata said...

Thanks for sharing your day! I can't imagine how hard it is to have your children leave home.
Charlotte Claire is so cute - what a sweet outfit she chose!

Amber said...

I remember putting the hose on my trampoline as a kid...it is dangerous but oh so fun! I wish my daughter would have gotten to be off school today for Columbus day but the school system in Alabama doesn't let out for those holidays.