summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I made it through the day, so far....

Just Jon, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I. And it was an adventure. Charlotte Claire tried to help, and dropped a plate on the kitchen floor, and it broke....then, she stole Camille's bottle, and ran and threw it down the hall, and threw my camera behind the couch, again. This time I retreived it right away......then, Jon had the bright idea to play playdough. They got silly, and more silly, then downright crazy....so I brought them outside, which was nice until Charlotte Claire went over the front of the ride on, and got a bloody chin.

It is nice and warm out, but cloudy and rainy, which I rather like. I feel so cozy when the sky darkens....

The first trip kids are home, Joseph, Aaron, Molly, Sam, Margaret, and Kathryn.....they are eating.....and eating.....Kathryn just took Charlotte Claire out in the hot tub....then, it will be nap time for her......and Camille should be waking up.

Does any one else (besides Cheryl) have their kids change into play clothes, or around-the-house clothes as soon as they walk in the door? I myself, have two distinct sets of clothes. I keep them all clean, but when they get stained or old looking, I just wear them at home.....seems like lately more of them are joining the home pile, and I have less and less that is nice and crisp for wearing out and about.....the kids are on auto-pilot about changing when they come home. They wear their jammy pants, sweats, or other comfy home clothes.....when I come home from somewhere, I go change first thing. If I don't, I will wreck my good clothes quickly.

Some random things....

1. I cannot go to bed without taking a shower first. Even when we go camping.....

2. I cannot wear my nightgown around the house. If for some reason I do, I can't wear it to bed....it goes in the hamper.

3. On days that I stay home, I sometimes don't brush my hair out....just clip it up....then deal with the tangles the next day.....

4. Jonathan is the most comfortable in his favorite outfit, his undies....

5. Charlotte Claire won't stay dressed unless she likes the clothes she has on...she changes her clothes all day long some days...

6. My favorite clothes for Camille these days: footed sleepers, because she will not keep socks on.....

7. I need to start planning meals better. I am such a fly-by-the-seat of my pants sort of person......about some things.....but when I am expecting a baby, I have every last thing nice and sweet and new and clean......and have a hard time understanding when others don't.....I mean, you have like 7 months to get ready....


8. I am having those newborn longing feelings something terrible. I do believe that God plans the babies, and I leave it to Him...but I am hoping He has at least one more up there for me.....last night, I dreamed a young girl gave me a newborn baby girl.....and in my dream, the thought crossed my mind to call Paul on my cell phone and ask him, but I didn't.....I just took the baby.....the girl had a beat up old carseat that she offered me, and I said no, I just want the baby.....and I took her.....and Paul woke me up, it was morning.......rats!

9. If anyone knows anyone who has a baby that they want to give away, let me know.

10. Just think how wonderful it would be if even half the girls who have abortions would give birth instead and give the babies to women who long for newborns....not greedy me, women who haven't had any........and then if the other half kept the babies themselves.

11. Just think what a world it would be if every single man, woman, and child believed in God, and obeyed Him.....we probably wouldn't even need police, much less prisons....there would be peace.....

6 comments:

Janis said...

I hope you don't mind my leaving a comment, I read your blog all the time-you amaze me! I am so glad that God made us each so different. I had to laugh when I read you are longing for a newborn-those first 6 weeks in the lives of my children are the hardest in my life! Harder than pregnancy, delivery, anything! We always say if we could give them to someone else for the first couple months, we would love to have more! You are a blessing to your readers and even more to your children!

Pam's Pride said...

Yep, I make my kids change too! Even though I homeschool they have church or 'going out in public' clothes. (It is so cute to hear 3 yo ask if her clothes are ok because we are going out in public right?)
I will not wear a night gown around the house either...I feel under dressed in front of all of my boys.
I generally do not do my hair around the house either...but, I have to have a shower before I leave the house.
6 yo's favorite outfit is his undies too...I am glad when he at least has those on!!
3 yo DD is obsessed with changing her clothes a million times a day!

I would LOVE for someone to walk up to me and give me a baby!! I actually dream about someone giving me a large group of kids....like the 9 kids that were dropped off in Nebraska from the one family...I actually dream that they would be dropped off at my house instead!!

Renata said...

Oh I'll take a baby if someone wants to give me one.
We have our farm clothes & going-out clothes - but if we're going out before lunch, I usually just let the kids wear their going out clothes & we never change when we get home (thus I've done farmwork in good clothes - should learn to change).

Cassandra said...

Same thing here Della, my kids have around home clothes and going out clothes and then going out to the farm clothes too...
I cant sleep unless i've showered either...When we wentcamping at christmas i couldnt shower and guess what i didnt sleep, there is something about being all nice and soft and clean that helps me sleep...

I truly hope with all my heart that God has another baby planned for you too ;-)

Cassandra xx

Peta said...

Hi Della. I too wish someone would just hand me a baby (or 2 or 3) and say here raise this baby for me. we can't have anymore, I struggle everyday with the knowledge that there will be no more little ones for us.
My children change as soon as they get home from school as they where uniforms.
They also have 'good' clothes for going out. All my girls wear a dress or skirt to restaurants and family outings too.

Martha said...

I never made my kids change their clothes between outings and home, unless they were wearing church clothes. I had enough laundry to without adding two sets per day. Then again, most of our clothes are not frumpy and not dressy, just casual in between stuff.