summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 15, 2008

another christmas concert

well, today went differently than I had expected. Abigail called, she had a flat tire. She had to wait for triple A, so we decided to call off our shopping trip. It was the right thing to do all along, and her call just made it more clear. Camille was very tired, and mommy was even tireder. So, we settled down for a comfy nap on a dark rainy day. Then I managed a little treadmill time.

Emily and I made dinner. Actually, I peeled potatoes and cut up the ham, and she made the most excellent cream of potato soup. Perfect meal for one of those have-to-get-out-the-door nights. We had to leave by 6:30 for Mali's chorus concert. It was very enjoyable, especially because it was only Paul and I, and Mirielle and Sonja. Oh, I love my kids, but the high school chorus concerts require more respect and quiet behavior than I feel like wringing out of the kids sometimes. But jeepers, some people just never learn respect. There was a family behind us that just wouldn't stop whispering. I turned around and looked at them a few times, but they didn't get it. I finally turned and said, "SHHH!" right to them. They looked shocked, but it did not work. They kept on whispering. So, between songs, we moved a few rows up. The chorus was singing some beautiful a'capella songs, just lovely, and the whispering just ruined it. If you teach your kids one thing, it should be to be quiet at concerts. Because if they don't learn as kids, they grow up to be like some of the adults that were there tonight....I mean, this was not a Nascar race....


Camille was not thrilled that I left her again this evening, but I am here to put her to bed, and that is what I have to go and do.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello :)

Jennifer said...

Love your new header picture!!