summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

well, at least I got some of it done....

Cleaning....my big girls were all gone skating, and the medium ones at their friends' house all day. Suzanne and Sonja played so nicely. Jon, Charlotte Claire and Camille were their usual busy selves, making messes as quick as I could accomplish anything. I did get the kitchen/dining room floor mopped, several loads of laundry done, and the main bathroom clean and sparkling. Oh, and all the little messes in between that show absolutely no results. Like the playdough Charlotte Claire crumbled up all over in the kitchen. And the toy bench they emptied. Oh, they "helped" me clean it back up....Anyway, Joseph and Aaron were home so it was a pleasant day. Aaron gave the kids lunch for me so I could clean......and we had some nice conversation, that somehow doesn't happen as much when all the kids are home, especially the bigger girls. Hmm. By dinner time, everyone was back home again....

What do you have in your mouth?
What do you have?

Nothing? Or did you already swallow it?
Yes, it is a good thing she is so cute. She is at a high maintenance stage, but she is so charming. We are going bye-bye today. The older kids, down to Margaret, are going ice-skating again today. And I have to go out shopping, so I am bringing the younger ones out and about. It is getting colder out, with wind and a bit of snow. brr. I would rather stay in. But it is good for them to get out of the house, too, and what is more fun than the grocery store with seven kids? I am thinking about taking them to Mcdonalds for a dollar menu burger. If I can keep it to around $10, it is worth it for them to run around the germy playground for an hour. I just have to close my brain to the germy part.
Well, as I sit here, things are happening. Camille is hindering Jon from setting his new Thomas train up, I am trying to get Sonja to turn off Sesame Street, no one is watching it and it is blaring. Charlotte Claire got her shirt all wet, don't ask, and is walking around in just pajama pants, with Jon's Christmas candy cane with Hershey kisses in it. He wants it back. He got it back. She is mad. The tv is STILL on, Camille now has a Wii remote, yum. And, now I shall go get them ready. Will they be good? Will they co-operate? Will I bribe them with Mcdonalds? Eew, the snow is blowing....

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Tune in next time folks!

Enola said...

We have McD coupons that expire on the 31st so we'll get it tomorrow. My daughter received a $5 gift card from her grandparents and is SUPER excited to use it. She thinks she is hot stuff.

It's a good thing little ones are so cute. Mine is high maintenance too!