summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, December 6, 2008

saturday evening, still sick....

but first, I couldn't resist this picture.....she thinks this is HER Christmas tree. When you ask her what she wants for Christmas, she says, "A Christmas Tree!"....so, she got what she wanted.....And if this tree looks like its leaning on the wall, it is. Emily and Samuel took Jonathan and Suzanne, and went and cut it down today. Emily and Sam put it up....It is a beautiful tree, other than being a bit crooked. And the sick kids are still sick. All the ones who have it are older ones, who can make it to the bathroom. Poor Mali is just so sick. She feels horrible. Now Abigail is sick, too. Kathryn and Margaret are still feeling awful, and Evelyn is a bit better. I told Sonja and Suzanne to take bowls to bed..... And: we have no hot water. We don't know why. But Paul will be home in a few hours.....It is a good thing Emily has been around today. She was supposed to go cook/serve food at the brother's conference.....but she cancelled because of the kids being sick here...she said that was the socially responsible thing to do.....

I still made the pizzas, but I modified them substantially, in deference to the sick people. Dough, spread out on the pans, with olive oil, and mozzarella. No garlic, no sauce, no peppers, or bacon. It seemed to mean to have the aroma in here. And I had to use the dough. So, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire helped me make 5 pretty plain pizzas. There are alot of leftovers in the 'fridge, as the sick kids are not eating yet......we have gone through alot of ginger ale.

I went to the movie store today, and got Margaret the "Alvin and The Chipmunks" movie for an early birthday present. I took Sonja and Charlotte Claire. We put 5 movies in the movie return, and they disapeared into thin air. They must have, as they had no record of their return when I went to check out some new ones. Things like that seem to happen to me. Yes, I lied about returning them!! Is that what you want me to say? Isn't that why you keep asking me if I'm SURE I brought them back??? Oh wait, you found them? I can't hear you saying you're sorry. Because you're not, are you? I stood here for 15 minutes, being practically called a liar, and I don't even get a free rental or anything? ....

While we were out, I decided to go to Big Lots, as Christmas is right around the corner, and we have three December birthdays, Margaret, Aaron, and Abigail. Of course I got some exciting things in there, like a sheet for Charlotte Claire's crib, and some undies for the girls, as they asked for them for Christmas. I think that is so funny....they are asking for underwear.....Evelyn said last time she got new underwear everyone wore them! Poor kids.....

Margaret must be feeling a little better, because she is talking about cheeseburgers, just to make her sisters cringe.....Kathryn in turn asked Emily to make her some french fries, and they are all saying, NO......in all this, I am just hoping hoping hoping that I don't get it. And moreso, (is that a word?) , I hope that Mr. Paul doesn't get it. He is awful when he gets sick.....

Emily has volunteered to help me wrap presents....do I go in my room and grab some crinkly bags, and risk waking the monstrous Camille? Hmm......it WOULD be nice to get some things wrapped....but Camille, oh she keeps us hopping....the Christmas tree is fascinating for her....I have my work cut in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

So sorry to hear of your sickness.. but on the other hand, it was terribly nice to have M for dinner tonight (we ate our fresh turkey, cooked nicely, of course). All of the girls (and myself included) were so happy to see her. I can imagine how glad you will all be to have her home!! Hope everyone gets better quickly, and the bug disappears..

FLmom7 said...

I am sorry that you're all sick, hope everyone feels better soon. We've been sick here too, it's that time of the year. Your tree looks nice! It's a fresh cut one too? I'll bet it smells wonderful!