summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, December 11, 2008

wal-mart ho!

We needed more paint today, for the little girl's room.....the color was too bright for such a small room....and we needed some primer, as the paint Mali started with didn't begin to cover the marker on the wall. I also wanted to get some of the pictures printed up for Christmas cards. Emily and M. were at a few different stores, and I was with the three little ones in Walmart, which means Jon, walking on his legs that are SO tired, Camille in the front of the cart, and Charlotte Claire "sitting" in the back of the cart.....I spent all kinds of time getting the pictures picked out. I had to wait for an hour to pick them up, so we shopped a little, then went and got a cookie for the kids, and took a rest on a bench over near the deli. Rest, ha. Jon and Charlotte Claire played musical bench. When the hour was finally over, I headed back to the Photo department. I waited in line. My turn, and !! Sorry maam, the machine isn't working today. So, I decided to use the Kodak machine, which is more expensive. It took quite a while, but the kids were honestly SO good. I was more than relieved when I saw M. and Emily's smiling faces. Emily took Jon and Charlotte Claire and picked out the paint. M. helped me with the pictures. By the time we went through check-out, we had been in there for almost 3 hours. That is too long for an adult, and WAY too for children. Jon started whining for popcorn chicken (fried styrofoam). So I asked Emily and M. if they minded if we went to Mcdonalds so they could run around and play. Jonathan and Charlotte Claire were so excited. Here is Miss Camille.



Charlotte Claire had a ketchup packet in her hand. I did see that. Somehow, I didn't register what a disaster that can be.
Oops.





This picture is blurry, but I just love her little gait.




She liked exploring the Playplace, too.
Benjamin has shown his pretty face around here a little bit more lately. He actually made dinner for me tonight so I could go on the treadmill. Since neither of the little girls would nap after their 20 minute shut-eye in the van, it was looking pretty dismal for me to try it. But the kids watched Camille, and Ben made some dinner. I am a pretty lucky mom.




1 comment:

Amber said...

You should try Kilz paint.I love that stuff...covers everything and you can get whatever color you want. I've done so much to cover what Baeligh has destroyed with that paint.