summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, December 26, 2008

bye bye emily

Emily Anne said her goodbyes, and we brought her to the airport with her big red suitcase, her other bags, and her guitar. Then we went to get some milk, a lightbulb for the Easy Bake oven, and some tripleA batteries. So, we got home, put away the groceries, settled in, and the phone rang. Emily's flight had been canceled. Ice and freezing rain in Chicago. And of course you have to go west from New York to Chicago to get to Copenhagen to get to Norway. Anyway, I had to go and get her. She flies out on Sunday, now. What a disapointment. But Jon will be glad to see her in the morning.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother in law is stuck in Chicago too... He had the first plane between NYC and Chicago without a problem, and now he is stuck in O Hare until Sunday.... :( Bad luck.
I hope your daughter enjoys her extra days in the family before a long year in Norway!
And merry Christmas to you!!

Kathyb1960 said...

Oh wow! I hope she gets out on Sunday. That weather sure doesn't look any better! It is kinda crazy she'd have to go to Chi first! Isn't NY closer?

Well, I will keep her in my prayers for a safe trip!

Martha said...

It is a good thing my son drove from Minneapolis to Rochester rather than flying through Chicago. He may have ended up spending Christmas with his friend who lives there rather than with us. He's headed back west tomorrow morning but I think Emily will likely reach Chicago before he does. Jim is planning to spend the night there with his friend.

Happy travelling, Emily! I hope you love your time in Norway and don't get too homesick.