summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, December 19, 2008

snow day update

Honestly, this has been one of the nicest days of my life. The kids have played outside, and of course we can't find the shovel. Oops. It is buried somewhere. Mirielle made a homemade cake yesterday, and today she made red jello to top it with. Then she made a huge batch of pumpkin cookies with cream cheese icing. I made a triple batch of butter cut-outs, and baked the rests of the chocolate chip dough from the other day. Abigail made it home safely, we all cheered when she walked in, so everyone was here except for Ben. He has been visiting one of his friends, and now he is delivering pizzas. Apparently, pizza guys still can drive in snowstorms. I sat at the table and frosted the cut outs, and a few of the kids helped sprinkle. We now have some yummy peanut butter tree spritz cookies, some chocolate sprits trees, some chocolate chip with kissables in them, pumpkin cookies, and the ones I made today. Lots of them packed up to make cookie plates for the upcoming parties. I really enjoy doing it, and having my older kids around to help with the younger ones is priceless. For example, Molly made some scrambled eggs for Camille, and Aaron put her in the high chair and fed her. But the eggs were too hot, so he put them in the refridgerator to cool, and knocked out a container of oil, which spilled in a two-foot radius on the floor...we sacrificed a towel to clean it up......or he did, I should say.

The activity club party was cancelled because of the snow. Which I am secretly so glad about. There is something special about being stuck in the house, and knowing that no one will be going anywhere. Very cozy. We are cooking a huge pan of chicken breast, some Rice-A-Roni, which Evelyn actually prepared, and broccoli. We have candles on the table, and the girls set it all nicely and poured the drinks.

Emily is getting dinner on the table now, and requests our presence. I am such a lucky girl today......and very thankful. Somedays are different than others, and this is just a good good day.

2 comments:

Martha said...

There is something very cozy about a snowday! I did some baking too, it's a good way to warm up the kitchen!

Would you believe our district still had school? It is a rather small area to cover with not too many hills and backroads, but still! They let out early but it still took a very long time to get them home.

My Josiah delivers pizza too. I don't hthink they delivered outside the village. Some people were mad. You might think they could find some food in their own cupboards when the is a travel advisory in effect.

I'm looking forward to snuggling down under the covers tonight and seeing what the world looks like tomorrow.

cheryl said...

Of course I'm relieved that Abigail traveled okay.. I wish they'd cancelled finals, I saw where one of the colleges did.. I was also very glad about the activity club cancellation! It was nice to see them decide that on their own, it was a no-brainer for me, though. Claire is still at Susan and Thomas', hopefully tomorrow will be fine. I hope Ben (and Josiah, Martha!) made some nice tips!!! Katie and Dave (and Grace) went out and bought the food for Sunday, thankfully they travelled safely. I'm glad I didn't know it until they came home! Bill's office even closed early. Then he couldn't get up the driveway, but who cares at that point! Looking forward to some cookies.