summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, December 21, 2008

cold and getting colder

Tonight is very cold. Tomorrow's high: 16 degrees, with wind, below zero windchill. A possible foot of new snow. Fun. Maybe, another snow day. Here is Mr. Jon with the Cars car he got for a gift at the feast today. What I am wondering is, what is going on in the back ground. Kathryn is holding onto both Sonja and Suzanne.... Yes Jon, it is very nice. And what are they doing back there?

New pajamas. No, not really new. I bought them after Christmas last year for $3, and put them in the closet.


This one is blurry, but sweet. I told Paul I would choose this if these were our only kids, for a Christmas card....




Kathryn Grace with her gift at the feast....



Evelyn Joy with her new stuff. I didn't notice her nice footwear before we left....and she had taken her nice sweater off to run around and play....






Charlotte Claire got the perfect gift, a new baby. Hey, I want one too!






Sonja and Grace.....friends, and second cousins.....






Emily and Aaron....Aaron is holding Camille. What a nice boy.








Mirielle.








Aaron with Camille. What a face!












Evelyn Joy playing, "duck, duck, goose".....









Camille. She took a huge nap in this pram today. It was so nice.....



And, now we are all home again. After the feast, Paul went to a special meeting for the activity club leaders....and I was home with Aaron, Mali, Sam, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jon, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. Aaron and Mali weren't hungry, so didn't join us for dinner, which was kind of crazy, but also kind of nice. When daddy's not there for dinner, I must pay more attention to them instead of trying to talk to Paul, so they are much better behaved. And we had fun. After we ate, I loaded up the dishwasher, they helped clean up, and I scouted my room for presents that I had to wrap. I found a few more in the closest. Sonja and Evelyn helped me wrap them. As much as I love my little Charlotte Claire and Camille, it is such a relief when I get them tucked into bed. It seems like a piece of cake to take care of the rest of them. We got in to a box of chocolates. I let them choose in order, oldest to youngest, but then youngest to oldest. Jon, poor Jon. He didn't quite comprehend the order. But he was okay. I let him have extra....Now, it is quiet in here. Paul is home, Emily, Abigail, Joe, Mali, Margaret, Kathryn are up. Mirielle is on the treadmill. Aaron and Sam are on the computer. The younger kids are all quiet now.
I won't be going out into the cold wind tomorrow. I hope. We haven't even brought in the morning paper. And it's the Sunday one, my favorite....I can't convince anyone to go get it, and I certainly don't want to .....well, goodnight!










3 comments:

Cassandra said...

I love the pics, they are all so gorgeous! and it looks like they did well with the presents, I think Jon would get on with Brady like a house on fire, they sound so similar... I cant believe how cold it is there! i think i say that everytime i leave you a comment lol

cheryl said...

I gave Grace the Dora jammies for her birthday, (along with the highschoolmusical ones). I told her she had to keep the Dora ones here as it looks like her face on the jammies.
This winter started way too quickly, I haven't cleaned the summer cushions and stuff off the deck yet (probably a swim ring out there under the piles). Oops, sorry, I didn't mean "I" haven't, you know what I mean. The giant swim toy does look fun for snow, though. I just wish my girls would be more hesitant to drive in it.

Kathyb1960 said...

Hey if you have a fishing pole, maybe you could "cast it out" and reel in the newspaper! LOL