summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 2, 2009

570th post!

Wow. And, my sister is going to kill me. I commented on Morgan's blog, just to be a bit of a comfort to her , since she has had 4 c-sections, that my sister had 2 natural births and 5 sections, the last one after a ruptured uterus. And Morgan left a comment that most doctors wouldn't let you have another one after that had happened. Well, I will let my sister answer that one. It was nothing short of a miracle, that's all I can say. Actually, I can say a whole lot more, but Cheryl, please don't kill me. I do try to be respectful of the privacy of others on here.....oops.

I am such a nice mommy.....I got eight kids out the door and on the bus for school today. The second trip bus came 5 minutes early, so there was a scramble...6 of them went on second trip, and they were all running for the door at once.....I let Sonja stay home, which was stupid....she was very tired....and she just cuddled up on the couch.....so I sent her back to bed. Now, when you send a child back to bed, they are so excited to stay home they do not go back to sleep. But tired young children belong home with mommy, don't they? I just pretend to know what I am doing....

Well, I was right about being bothered by the mess when I got up this morning. Yet, here I sit....I need to go throw in a load of laundry, sweep the kitchen floor, put away all the groceries....oh, and pick up and vacuum, run the dishwasher, clean off the counters, and the pile of clothes on the couch has grown by leaps and bounds....it is now officially a monstrosity. It just never changes. Oh, we get it all cleaned up.....it just doesn't last. Today, there is more to do than you can shake a stick at, as my mother used to say....

Target: the store I love.....I shouldn't go there, but.....there were so many things for 75% off....I got some neat birthday/Christmas gifts....and a very pretty new shower curtain...our old one was many years old (not the liner, the outside decorative curtain)....and I finally threw it out last week. The pole kept falling down....anyway, I got a new pole, and a new shower curtain, it was on clearance...and a basket with a basket with a matching liner....no, not stuff I NEED....but..

Well, I spoke in admiration for the woman who had all those babies, the octuplets, but now it appears that she may be a few cards short of a full deck. The poor woman though, the whole world seems to be against her, I hope she gets the help she needs. To be struggling and have everyone with the attitude "you brought this on yourself"...., that would be most difficult. Here she is with all these babies, all these kids, and her own mother is ready to walk out on her. I wonder if she would like to downsize, just one baby. How do you go about asking someone that? "Please, please, you have so many, just one, please, I'll take really good care of it, please? " gosh, if I got one right away, I could nurse it still....does anyone know her phone number?

I haven't read much from the large family haters, but I suppose there are alot of people out there who think we are all irresponsible. Hogging up all the resources, filling the landfills with diapers, using all the gas for our huge vans, relying on food stamps and welfare. Well, we personally do hog the resources and fill the landfills, but we don't do food stamps or welfare. I mean, that was cited as one of the reasons people think this woman is irresponsible....(it is good to have a means to support the children)....anyway, about large family haters. These days, most people who have alot of kids have them because they WANT them, subsequently, teach them respect, and turn out some wonderfully responsible TAXPAYING citizens.

Hogging up the resources, that makes me laugh. It is good for the economy! Just think of the clothes and shoes, sneakers, birthday presents, and diapers our family buys! We spend hundreds of dollars a week, not just hogging things, no, we keep the grocery stores in business. I also keep Walmart, Target, the dollar store, BigLots, and Dunkin Donuts in business. I would like to keep Home Depot and Lowes more secure, but I don't dare go in those places. Too many temptations. Hey, we also do our part to keep our local pediatrician rolling in the dough, along with of course the ob.gyn/midwife....and the eye dr., and vision center, with 5 kids and a daddy in glasses, why we give them lots of money. We do "waste" alot of water, but it comes from the ground in our back yard. Our fourth oldest child is now in college, so they aren't just going to sit around and go on the dole. Now Joseph, our #5, I am not so sure. He is smart, no denying that...but he is an artist, both musical and drawing/painting...he is not very good at getting out of bed and getting to school.....I am not sure what he will do. But he is trying very hard to do well this last part of high school, and he will graduate in June. Aaron, our 6th child, is amazing. He gets good grades, and is very responsible. Oh, help, I am bragging about my kids. Aaron is going to kill me now, if my sister doesn't....

Camille is up and about and I need to get busy, too.....

6 comments:

Piper Paradise said...

Thanks for the info on c-sections. I have had 3 and hope to go for #4. Nice to know others have had that many. And you can brag on your kids. It does them good to know their mama is proud of them : -)

FLmom7 said...

Don't forget dentists...we surely help give them a nice income and fully funded college for their kids;-)

Morgan said...

Even for families that are on government assistance, they pay taxes too. :P

I'm sure there are families out there that just have kids out of laziness, however, most of the moms I've met with many kids have had them because they love children. Most of the large families I know are also fairly green and wise with how they spend money and their time.

As for resources, we have 4 children and spend less on our kids than many families with only 1 do!

Thanks for pointing Cheryl my way! She commented on my blog- I was going to comment back on hers, but realized she didn't have one. So Cheryl, if you're reading this, how is your little girl now? The one that had cancer? Is she okay now?

Kathyb1960 said...

Kate Gosslin is going to be on Larry King tonight, b/c he wants to get her POV on the whole thing.

The bad things is, Larry King is on at the exact same time as Jon and Kate Plus 8! YIKES! Guess I'll be channel flipping. Maybe they'll have her on after 8:30 though (that's CST).

Unknown said...

Hi ~ I actually came across your blog from Morgan's blog. I am almost 34 weeks pg with my 5th baby - all via c-section! I would love to chat with your sister about the rupture. I'm not overly concerned with it, yet I would love to ask her about how she felt, if she had pain, how she knew something was wrong - enough to call her OB, etc. Just so I can be better prepared in the worst case scenario....

If you think she wouldn't mind, she can visit my blog and email me.....I wouldn't want to invade on her personal space, but if she was willing to answer of few of my questions, that would be AWESOME!! I'm not some freak - just having my 5th by c-section (which is kinda weird by most people's standards though ;);)

Thanks ~ and I'm glad I stumbled across your blog as well!! Your family is beautiful!!
~Lori

cheryl said...

I thought Morgan was going to kill ME!! I saw her comment, then went to her site, and wrote a very long comment, actually more like a book. OOPS! Maybe I should start my own blog!!
I agree about the large families.. I just think some people can't possibly understand how much fun it is, (how the Good outweighs the Bad), how our lives are so blessed, and they must feel threatened. We grew up in a family of 7 kids, and our friends with 1 or 2 siblings were jealous! And about the money part.. it's not always so easy, (even with small families) and if the gov't can help sometimes, that's not a crime, or anything to be ashamed of. And we do all pay taxes.
Even Grandparents I've come across wish they had more grandchildren! Oh, well, I guess that's an area where it's best not care what people think!