summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

my oven works!

Well, I guess the old adage that "ya don't know what ya got until ya don't got it" is true...Now I can retire my crockpot back up to the shelf to get dusty again, and we can MAKE COOKIES!

My daughter Sonja does not like vegetables. We eat veges every single night with dinner. She has to eat some. There is always a little fuss on her part, we just try to have her eat some to get used to it. The other kids mostly love veges, some more than others, but she does not. She mixes them with her potatoes, or tonight, she had some cheese pizza pockets (a special treat I let them get at the supercenter today), and she stuffed her veges into them. It gets them down her throat, I guess...

Tomorrow, I am going on an adventure. I am heading west. Down the highway with Aaron, to check into the Ronald McDonald house for the night. Joseph is going along with us too. None of the older girls can go, they are going to Ottowa for the weekend to skate on the Rideau canal. I am honestly a bit apprehensive about the drive, as it takes me right along the southern shore of Lake Ontario, to Buffalo. And the forecast calls for some snow. Nothing terrible, but is there good snow to drive in? I have not encountered any. I am also concerned about being at the hospital at 6 am, waiting around for several hours for his surgery, and recovery, then driving all the way back home....yawn....when I took him up to see the surgeon last week, I was actually slapping myself on the cheeks on the way home, trying to stay awake. I can just picture it, Joseph and Aaron snoozing away, and me driving in the snow, guzzling coffee. If one were to give up coffee, how would one cope in this situation? Just curious.

Anyway, this is something that has to be done, and God will be with us. I know I tend to be quite wimpy and worry-y, so this is as much a mental battle as it will be physical. If you think of me tomorrow evening, or on Friday afternoon, please say a little prayer that we have a safe drive....and pray for Aaron, that this little surgery IS little, and successful. And while I'm at it, thank you, if you read this, for your nice comments. I should really comment back, I enjoy hearing the comments so much....I just don't get to it. I am going to try to, from now on. Thank you again.....and I'll be bringing my computer with me, so I'll probably be able to write from the waiting room.....

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

YAY for a working oven! I dont know how you managed without one, I have 2 confirmed vegie haters in this house, even if i try to sneak them into food by precessing them they can sniff them out!
You know i will be thinking of you and Aaron, i will pray all goes well AND your trip is safe, i dont like driving at the best of times so i dont know how i go if i was faced with driving in snow, anyway i'll be thinking of all:-)

Kathyb1960 said...

Oh, I'm so glad your oven is working now! That would be hard to deal with!!!

I will definitely keep Aaron in my prayers. Is his surgery this morning (Thursday?)? It's 6:20 CST, so I'm guessing you are already at the hospital, and I am praying that the surgery won't be too extensive!

God bless ya'll!

AUTISMOMMA said...

Congratulations! I never thought it was possible to get sick of a crockpot but I bet you were!