summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 13, 2009

valentines....

I think I need one of those really small light cameras, to wear on a strap around my neck....to capture those moments. When the girls come home from school and dump their candy and valentines on the table, and Miss Charlotte Claire is up there, wearing just her diaper, stuffing her face with candy they so willingly share with her. And Mr. Jon, sharing too. Even big brother Sam got some loot from his little sisters. I just looked at them all at the table, and didn't really have the time to take pictures. But my brain has the picture, and writing it down will help me remember it.

Abigail brought home a bag of donuts from college....they were going to throw them away at the snack bar there. Her friends know how many kids we have here, so they understand when she grabs the leftovers. There were ten in the bag, and I had to tell them to start with halves....they were good, and I am glad they didn't get thrown away.

Evelyn is sitting here with me, and we are going to look at the plane crash....it is so sad, outside of Buffalo, just a few hours from here, a plane crashed 5 miles from the airport, right before landing. Everyone on board, 44 passengers, and the 4 crew members died...and a person in the house the plane crashed into. So very sad....I guess because I have my kids flying here and there, and how can people bear it? My niece is flying out of that same airport tomorrow....

Well, she is waiting for me....

1 comment:

AUTISMOMMA said...

This plane crash is so very sad. You are the very first person that came to mind when I heard about this....and I don't even know you. However, knowing you live where you do and knowing how people seem to come together when tragic events happen, I thought of you because I knew you were probably very sad about this tragedy that was so close to home for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers, as well as the families involved. :(