summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 15, 2009

thankfulness

We spent yesterday afternoon, evening, at a birthday feast for a friend near Ottowa. A birthday feast in our church is different than a regular party. It is meaningful and edifying.
There were a few hundred people there, and several got up and talked about the guest of honor. How he has been faithful since his youthtime, and has been such a good example. He is the father of eleven, and has been a good husband and father. The point was made that we have decisions, choices, day in day out, and if we choose the good, and resist conscious sin, then it becomes apparent in our lives that we have been faithful. I was personally very encouraged to watch and pray in my own life, and DO what I hear...



We are heading back home today....I miss the kids and have had some quality thinking time here....I actually had two thoughts together without being interrupted....I need so much more wisdom from God in my life, while dealing with the kids. Not just patience.


We have to pack up and get moving....and Martha: there is actually alot of ice up here: yesterday we saw a huge group of kids playing hockey on a flooded frozen corn field!!

1 comment:

Martha said...

Ice is about all that is left of the precipitation around here. Even the old snowbanks have been turned into crusty, sharp crystals. I imagine it was beautiful in Ottowa. I should take a drive toward Fair Haven some cold, icy winter day just to see what it looks like there.

Time to think is always appreciated here. Even with my children mostly grown, there are plenty of distractions.

I picked up a verse in Job yesterday that made me smile. It will go well with one of my icy photos some day. "By the breath of God ice is given, And the broad waters are frozen." Job 37:10