summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 20, 2009

snowy day for bowling....

A two year old in bowling shoes, about as cute as cute can be......


Sonja, Evelyn, and Suzanne...they bowled with me....we used bumpers.... Joseph, Mali, Sam, and Margaret shared the lane next to us, then Abigail, Kathryn, Jon, and Charlotte Claire were in the other. This was the first time the younger ones went, and I do believe we'll do it again some time. When they got their shoes, it took a few tries, but it wasn't too bad.
We had stopped at the grocery store on the way there, and I had gotten stuff for sandwiches. Jon dropped his sandwich on the van floor accidentally, so I told him he could have another. Abigail, who didn't go to her class today because of the terrible weather (the bowling place was in a city south of here that didn't get the lake effect snow so badly), was the sandwich maker. A few of the kids yelled dibs on the one that fell on the floor....then decided they didn't want it, and it ended up being thrown around a little. When there are twelve people in a van, people fighting and throwing sandwiches can be a deterrent to good driving. Things were smoothed out by the time we got there. Then, after bowling, I had to stop a few more places....oh, they fooled around like crazy. Mostly all the little girls, which drives Sam crazy. He tried to straighten them out......JUST IGNORE them!!! Easier said than done, I guess......
Meanwhile, Paul got home with Aaron, who is awfully sick from the anesthesia, but otherwise doing okay......Mirielle stayed home with Camille, and made cupcakes and started on the pizzas. The kids activity club is cancelled tonight,because of the snow and wind, and right now they are sitting here watching "SpongeBob".....
So, winter is back! Cold, windy, snowy, slippery. Abigail did not attempt her commute this morning because her cousins called her, they had to turn around, it was so bad. Their college is on the shore of Lake Ontario, and the wind and the snow are treacherous. The wind blows the snow across the roads....oh, just not fun.
So, pizza for dinner tonight, yay, a working oven! It is cozy and fragrant in here, fragrant if you like the smell of peppers, onions, black olives, and bacon topped pizza....
I had a very nice day. Since Abigail unexpectedly had the day off, she made french toast for breakfast. She was standing there at the stove for quite a while, but the kids were appreciative. I had planned on making a nice breakfast this morning myself, but instead I worked on laundry. It is getting done very nicely. Paul brought home some new shelves, and put them up this afternoon. I need to go in there and organize a bit more. It is actually fun.
Charlotte Claire just came to me with gum all over her hands, saying, "This is my old gum"....okay, whatever you say. I'll just wash it off.
Margaret was a bit perturbed when we went bowling today, people were counting when we walked in. It is a bit difficult sometimes, to be part of the parade. Especially when you are a teenager, and want to just fit in. When they start fooling around, or having a loud disagreement, hissing at each other, boy, it is embarrassing.....in a way. I theoretically do not care, but when it happens, I find that I do.....But I live to please God, and it does not matter what people think. (and usually people are not thinking bad things, anyway, just looking...)
Well, kids are losing interest in the movie, especially little Charlotte Claire. Two year old bowlers are adorable, but two year old nap-missers leave something to be desired.......will I ever learn?


2 comments:

Cassandra said...

I love hearing about your day:-)
My kids have been asking to go bowling, maybe i will take them...

cheryl said...

So Aaron is doing okay? I was glad to hear they got home okay with all the snow, and forgot to ask how he was feeling. Did they have to do a big incision? Of course, big can be relative..
Be sure to pray for the traveling girls tomorrow, hopefully the roads will be better. (We should have gone, don't ya think??) Like the good ole days..