summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 8, 2009

full moon, hot tub night....

Evelyn's boat....
Charlotte Claire got to go outside today....she got undressed all by herself.

We had a lazy Sunday at home....well, not exactly lazy. There was not a Sunday meeting today, as the girls group was using the meeting hall today for their weekend. Paul reminded me this morning that 3 girls, two of whom are my nieces, were coming over this afternoon for a music meeting. They also brought my great-niece, Grace, to play with Sonja and Suzanne. I really enjoyed having them here, but I must admit that I did say earlier, "If you want an easy way to ruin my Sunday, invite someone over..." No offense, Becky and Claire, or Joanne, I just meant I would rather not have had the pressure to vacuum and dust and clean up the shoes and coats.....But, I am glad I did. I got Aaron moving, and he shined up the refridgerator front, and cleaned the counters, while I mopped the floor and vacummed the stairs...it didn't completely last, but it doesn't look too bad in here. Usually we relax on the weekends, and I pay for it bigtime on Monday...




Today we worked on Evelyn's boat. The eleventh one we have done through the years. It is a standard elementary project....build a boat that floats. We used two waterbottles, and put a Glad container cover on top of them. We got a little silly, and made into "The Good Ship Lollipop"....Once again, I wanted to do things a certain way, I get so takey-over-y when I do things like that...but I controlled myself. Evelyn thought the boat was grand, so I just agreed. We did have fun together.
Samuel and Joseph went out to eat with a few of their friends, Kathryn and Evelyn went to their friend's house for a few hours and stayed there for dinner, and Margaret and Mali went to a movie....Ben went to work, so we had a small cozy dinner with only Paul and I, Abigail, Mirielle, Aaron, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. We had ravioli and meatballs....then I put Miss Charlotte claire to bed because she had no nap. And because the hot tub was all warmed up, and I did not want Miss Charlotte Claire to join us....because she does not know not to get her hair all wet, and it is quite chilly out...The moon was shining on us. I wished I had brought the camera out, but since I didn't, here is what it looked like: Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, and I. Sky full of stars, the full moon....we turned the jets on, and the steamy mist covered our faces....they put their heads in the 101 degree water, swam around....we turned on the tub light to blue. Our faces were chilled, but the water was SO warm..We played a game. We took turns being in the middle, and each took a turn saying something good about the one in the middle. Rats, Suzanne likes me 'cause I'm nice, and 'cause she likes my squishy tummy. What?....We then sang a couple of songs together...then we got out quickly and ran into the house wrapped in our towels... it was almost bedtime.. We got dresssed warm and cozy and we had RiceKrispie treats. Then, off to bed for them...they went to sleep quicker than they have in a long time. The hot tub does relax them.
Tomorrow I have to go into the city, Samuel and Margaret have check-up appointments. Which they are NOT excited about. I told them to behave and I would take them for a coffee afterwards. The McDonalds has free coffee drinks on Mondays. The yuckysweet things. Even the latte I had from there was too sweet. I would rather have a regular coffee with lots of cream. mmm, sounds good. I can't wait until morning. Ha, can't wait 'til Monday morning.
Mondays are a bit more difficult than other days because:
We relax more on the weekends, and leave more stuff lying around.
I usually don't do laundry on the weekends, I leave the machines free for the older ones to do theirs.
I am tired, I don't sleep enough on the weekends, I stay up too late, and wake up with the kids.....and if I take a nap, I miss fun stuff. I try only to nap if I really need it......(tomorrow I will be tired, and I will know I have an afternoon appointment, and I cannot nap, and I will feel extra tired.....)
All this talk about tiredness is making me tired.




3 comments:

cheryl said...

Hey, we did "The Good Ship Lollipop" for one of our boats, AND we did a Santa Claus Laundrey Boat. I miss those projects..(she really doesn't, but she misses when the kids were "Littler"..) Grace sure lucked out, didn't she?
Becky asked me, when she got home from your house..if it was okay to have Joanne's sister over tonight (Sun.) I was like, please, no, all I can think of is how much I didn't do today, they were gone all weekend, and would have to do really fast, and anyway, she said, she meant tomorrow night.. okay, that's much better..I just have a tendancy to make little messes here and there.
Our hot tub has been very quiet, I hope it's all right. I'm afraid to look.

cheryl said...

Laundry

cheryl said...

Why does laundry look like a funny word? Am I misspelling it?? Or do I enjoy it so much it looks unfamiliar??