summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 27, 2009

day out with the boys...

I had to take Joseph to open a bank account. Samuel came along with us. Abigail and Mirielle, Aaron and Mali stayed home with everyone else. We went to the AAA office to get a few debit cards, the bank, out to lunch, then Target and lastly, Wegmans, or the usuals. Milk and bread and fruit and veggies....and some Warheads for Joseph and Sam. (very hot or sour candy, yuck. Sam wants to give some to his Norwegian friends)...

Going out to lunch with Joseph and Sam was so much fun. Did you ever have such a good time that you didn't want it to end? Also, knowing they are leaving and I probably won't see Joseph for a year....ouch. My boys are so funny. Samuel told me more about military tactics than I cared to hear, they quoted movie lines from "HotRod" and "Napolean Dynamite"....our last stop of the day was Dunkin'Donuts, 'cause Joe had a gift card he wanted to check the balance on, I had one too. He had $1.92, I had $1.84. Good thing I had some one dollar bills too. My boys are good boys. They are thoughtful and kind, and funny and nerdy and content. They tease and make suggestions, but they don't ask or nag for things. Samuel suggested they starve themselves on their trip and use the money for a PS3.

So Abigail was having a friend over last night, so she did a lot of cleaning yesterday, yay! When we got home, Joseph cooked burgers on the grill, I cut up a watermelon, and we had a nice dinner. Or should I say they had a nice dinner while I made the cakes for the graduation party today. I just couldn't bring myself to pay all that money for cakes when I can make them so easily. Easily, ha. I always think that BEFORE I make them....during the ordeal, I think I am crazy, and when I am done, I think I AM NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN! But now that they are made and frosted and decorated, I am glad I did it. I made three cakes, 1/2 sheet size. Not perfect, but with yummy buttercream frosting....I made one chocolate, one marble, and one yellow. I used cake mix this time, I just didn't feel like doing scratch. I was tired....I didn't get to sit and put my feet up 'til like 10:30 last night.

So, today is the party at my brother's house for his son, and my Joseph. I have to make some baked beans, and various other details, like bringing a grill over.....some of my kids aren't even going to the party. Mirielle is taking her Friday night activity club group on a special outing. Kathryn and Evelyn are in her group, with 4 other little girls their age. They are meeting up with some friends from Canada with their activity club group. They are going to either a waterfalls to swim in, or an indoor pool....and then to the church conference center to have a camp fire and spend the night. How could I say no to that?

Well, time's a wastin'......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh take a picture of them before they leave! Not necessarily for the blog, but your kids are getting older and independant, it may become more and more rare to have big family pictures!!

Tereza said...

yes..take a picture and of the cakes too...we wanna see them!

Cassandra said...

I hope my boys grow up to be sweet like yours Della, whats your secret? ;-)