summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, June 21, 2009

father's day!

I just remembered it is Father's Day. Oops. I DID get Paul a few things, a pathetic few things. A bag of black licorice that was marked down in Target, and a pepper grinder. With peppercorns in it. I kept meaning to get him something else, but....he is sleeping right now, so any good mom would be tidying up and making the coffee. Our unspoken agreement through the years is that the first one up makes the pot of coffee. So I am hoping that I write quickly to get it out of my system, and get the coffee made, and perhaps a pan of nice scrambled eggs, with sausage or bacon....I DO have good intentions....but it is so nice to sit here in the relative quiet. Sonja is on the computer (she got up and took the puppy out this morning!), Suze is playing with Camille, and the rest are sleeping.

Today we are going to a graduation party for my niece, Liz, who just turned 18 (Happy Birthday, Liz!) .....she is the fifth child of 12 of my brother Tom and sis-in-law, Kim. She graduated with my Joseph, also the fifth child, and my brother Bob's eighth child out of 10, Peter. Tom and Kim throw very nice parties, and it is good to go and see my siblings. It will also be very sad, in a way, because my brother Billy lived there.....to have a party without him. The kids really like to go and see all their cousins, drink soda, and run around. There are 48 cousins, my parents' grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren, with three more on the way. As always with these things, I sorely miss my mother and father. My mother loved to see all the kids. My dad liked to buy all the soda for the parties, and lots of other stuff too. He didn't like to stay very long though. He always wanted to go home long before my mom was ready to say goodbye....anyway, it should be a nice day to go and bless Liz, and have a very nice time seeing everyone.

I forgot all about going and starting the coffee and some breakfast. oops.

No comments: