summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 6, 2009

gorgeous saturday

And why am I sitting here blogging? Well, I am taking a little break from the gorgeous Saturday. I have swept and mopped and cleaned counters, and fed and changed kids and played outside with Rosie and the kids....I watched Kitten Force run up a tree, courtesy of Rosie chasing her, and drive the birds crazy. There is at least one nest of baby birds up there, and I was suprised that robins AND crows were screaming at the cat. She came down with out any baby birds to munch on, this time. Animals are animals.

Anyway, Camille is taking a break from the sun, too. She is in here on me getting me cooled down with her damp bathing suit. They diverted the hose from the big pool for a while to fill the little splash pool. They brought out a full bag of cheesies, and of course they dumped somehow, due to the extra gravity we have here, and Rosie thought it was her birthday until mean me came along and tied her up while they picked them up. After playing the blame game, which I don't care about, I just want them picked up!

Camille is now watching them out the window, Rosie is tied up and resting, and I am taking a break.

Abigail, Mirielle, and Mali went to Ottowa for the weekend, for a wedding. Paul and Aaron are going out to our church this afternoon and evening to cook and waiter at a wedding that our church is doing for a couple in the community. We have a really nice place, and rent it out occasionally. Paul is cooking, Aaron will be waitering (or waiting?) I do not know what Joseph and Sam have up their sleeves yet, but Margaret is planning to go to her friend's house, then go and clean up from the wedding with the other girls in the youth group, and then have a sleepover. So....I am here for dinner with the younger ones....I was thinking about driving up to the beach to watch the sunset....but is sounds like insanity. Worse insanity than usual. I don't know. I should probably just stay here.

Aaron went to do his NYSMA solo on the drums today. I don't know what it stands for, New York State Music ? Anyway, he got a 97%, on a level 6 drum solo, which is excellent. I am very impressed with him. The kids have so much musical interest and talent, which they do not get from me. But I am surrounded by music, and I do love it. Paul and Joseph play the guitar, Aaron plays drum and keyboard, Mali plays the clarinet and keyboard, Sam the trumpet, Emily guitar, Abigail trumpet, Ben the saxiphone, Margaret saxiphone and keyboard, Kathryn the flute, Mirielle the flute and keyboard. We have a violin they play sometimes, but no one has had lessons.

I may not be the best puppy housebreaker/trainer, but Charlotte Claire is doing well in her undies!!!! She is pooping in the toilet now, yay! And peeing, except occasionally in her undies when she waits too long. She is almost ready for that new pink bike. So 15 down, one to go. Unless God blesses us with another one.

Well, my break is over...

5 comments:

Tereza said...

Well the older kids making plans and in and out sounds a lot like my life:) I do enjoy my little ones so much...they are my therapy!

Anonymous said...

ahah :D I have a friend who recently said " yesterday I changed my last diaper. I did it everyday for 15 years. Now I'm done." wow. How many years of changing diapers for you? Did you ever got a break?

16 blessings'mom said...

Diapers! I have been changing diapers for 24 + years...and "a break" is when there is only one in diapers. Like now. I have had many times through the years with three in diapers...(when Benjamin was 2 1/2, Mariel was 15 months, and Joseph was born...(Emily and Abigail were 4 and 6), Evelyn was under three, Suzanne 14 months, when Sonja was born...so now, it seems easy to have only one! Although I would love to change a newborn again! I might just have to wait for grandchildren....

Pam's Pride said...

That is awesome that your kids are so good at music! My boys have been taking piano lessons and it seems like I have to pull their teeth to get them to practice. I finally told them I was not paying for lessons anymore and if they wanted to be in the kids band at church they needed to just take the initiative and practice on their own!
I hope and pray you have another one!!
3 in diapers at once...WOW!! You are my hero!!

M said...

OOOOH! I used to LOVE going to music competitions. I always kicked booty. They were called "solo/ensemble" and were state wide held in each county. I always entered every. freaking. category. possible. Insane, yes. But music love is fabulous love.