summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 29, 2009

they're over the ocean....

I took some nice pictures but am having trouble putting them up. So...it was hard to get up so early this morning. I lost my trusty old Timex yesterday, so when I woke up I had no idea what time it was. It was too early, that's what time it was. Anyway, we got them there on time. We even had time to stop for some coffee and a few breakfast biscuits on the way. The airlines have lifted some of their regulations, apparently, as we were able to go through security and go with them to wait to board the plane. Mirielle had to give up some nice perfume and lotion, but the nice gentlemen at the security kiosk offfered to hold it for her. We all had to take off our shoes, which Jon did not understand. He sure liked seeing the planes, though. And yes, I did cry when I said goodbye to Joseph. It was terribly sad. Especially because he turned around and looked at me and waved right as he stepped out to board....I know it wasn't sad for him, but he understood how sad it was for me....

After we sent them on their way, we went shopping, of course. Mirielle, Jonathan, and I. Target to find Mirielle a new purse. Too expensive, only 30% off. After checking out the clearance racks and finding a few nice things, we went to the grocery store. Lots of groceries, and we were on our way home. Finally! I have been gone day after day after day......and I was home. But Mali reminded me she had a dr. appointment. We had to leave in an hour. Rats. I begged the kids to put away the groceries so I could sit and put my feet up for a bit...then we were off....After the appointment, we went to Blockbuster and got a stack of movies...(the shelf rentals, as opposed to the new releases, are 99cents, and Monday through Wednesday they are rent one get one free. Oh, the boring details.

I cannot concentrate tonight, as the movie, "Confessions of a Shopoholic" is on.....not as good as the book, but distracting nonetheless. And no boys here to protest!!!

4 comments:

cheryl said...

It is very quiet here! Katie and Grace visited today, and I know they'll be good company for me while the others are all gone. I just got done talking to Janet on facebook! She has some really nice pictures of her trip to France, but she's already talking about going back (to Norway) next year, but for longer. She asked my permission and I said no. Maybe I'll shred her passport. Did you hear about Susan's stroller wheel? (No, it wasn't on the 5 OR 6 o'clock news, but she is very sad.) The airline people broke it (HOW?) and won't do anything for them. Can you imagine? Do we have to buy stroller insurance now? Hey, there's a thought...
I do think they're loosening up in other areas.. they didn't even weigh anyone's bags this year, when they've had to pay extra in the past! I guess they're making up for it by breaking stroller wheels.

FLmom7 said...

You are so busy! It makes me tired just reading about your days, lol. I just watched the shopaholic movie with my 15 yr old the other night. It was cute. I didn't read the book, so I don't have that to compare to, but the books are always better anyway. It must be so hard saying goodbye to your "babies" that are leaving for a long time and going to be so far away. (((Hugs))) to you and prayers for a safe trip for all of them.

Anonymous said...

last february when I came back to NYC my mom took me and hubby to the airport. It was nice, we had a coffee and chatted until it was time to go. And when we got to the line for the plane she was crying. It broke my heart :'( I know I won't be back for a few more years... I really miss visiting my parents... :(

AUTISMOMMA said...

Tears came to my eyes just reading about you saying good-bye. :(

I love your shopping philosophy! We hardly buy anything unless it's on super-sale or clearance.