summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 6, 2009

fun fun fun with the seven youngest!!!

Jonathan and Charlotte Claire, happy with water bottles....we stopped at the grocery store quickly for some milk and bread, and some water for these guys after our playground trip. Sonja, Evelyn, Suzanne, Jonathan, Kathryn, Charlotte Claire, and Camille, who wanted to try out that swing.


Charlotte Claire is getting so big...


This is the only playground I have seen with a slide like this. It has rollers, and they thought it was FUN! Camille was tickled by it.


Camille was hilarious.



Camille is going down the slide....













I thought camille and Charlotte Claire would be scared to go this fast, but no...







Suzanne and Sonja liked this tire swing. Charlotte Claire told me it was a "wheel"....







But here is the sad part. We went to the cemetary where baby Robert is buried. He was born/died in June, 2003. It is very sad, and I lie to the kids and tell them he was such a beautiful baby. Don't get me wrong, he was. But he was so small, and so helpless....I don't really like going to the cemetary, but Kathryn said she feels bad for him that we don't go visit......










I suppose this is the apex of tackiness, taking their picture here.....










This is the street, still blocked off, where Sarah Palin gave some speeches, visiting the city of Auburn....because she is govenor of Alaska, which was purchased by William Seward, who lived in Auburn. His house is now a museum, and s very interesting - he was a treasure collector, and extensive traveler, and his things are on display. Anyway, we decided not to pay $220 to shake her hand, we went to the playground at the lake instead.....
We had tons of fun. We picked up pizza, ate it at the park, playground, then walking around the park, saw some boats. Then we were thirsty, so we went to the grocery store and got a case of water (oh, those individual drinks are so exciting, even if it is water!) and just a few other things. I bought them some Italian icees to eat when we got home, and Sonja said they should thank her because she is the one who asked for them....We sang "The Bear Went Over The Mountain" on the way home, and everyone was happy except Suzanne, because Evelyn said something mean in Wegmans, and Suze was forced to smack her, and I was after her about it. Oh well....they went to bed like a dream a bit after 10:00.....and I am tired....











8 comments:

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

Sounds like you had a ball creating memories that will last a life time:)

holly said...

Love it all...except the baby part. I am so sorry that happened to you. As for the tackiness, good grief..it's not tacky at all. :) It's not like they were dancing on gravestones or anything. Life in the middle of death is not wrong.

I love the matching shirts for everyone...sounds like they all had a great time with their mommy!

M said...

You have such a gorgeous family. They just radiate.

And I had no idea you'd lost a son. How far along were you? And I can only imagine how difficult it would be to explain the beauty and strangeness in meeting your child so early to your kids. I think keeping it simple is wise.

And taking a pic at the cemetery? Not tacky at all. It's part of your life and your family. I've done it on more than one occasion at my dad's resting place. In fact I just did it a few weeks ago.

<3

Robin said...

Those pictures are wonderful!! Your kids are all so beautiful!!

I am so sorry about your dear baby. I agree with the above comments, not tacky at all. I always get a picture of my dad's grave with the kids when we go (he is buried in Tx we live in IA).

AUTISMOMMA said...

What great fun! I love how your photos always show the bigger kids helping the smaller ones.

Didn't think the cemetary photo was tacky at all. I love reading about your family and seeing your photos - even if it occasionally means a pic in the cemetary.

Martha said...

Cemetery photos are not tacky.

(Good job covering up the name there but you must watch those awards which are sometimes posted on the fridge... Ahh, that was a long time back now.)

Martha said...

I am honestly not reprimanding you on the name thing. Spose you know my last name too by now.

Cassandra said...

What a great day, and i love the pics, especially the one of Roberts plaque ((()))

I am going to take a leaf out of your book and get out of the house to go have a little kid time fun :-)

cassandra xx