summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

back from the doctor

Margaret's face was so swollen, she couldn't see. The dr. gave her an antibiotic for her cough, and some prednisone for the allergic reaction. He thought maybe the same germ that gave her bronchitis may have caused the rash on her face. hmm. I don't know, but she looks better already.

We had almost no milk left at home, and no fresh fruits or veggies, so Margaret was okay with stopping at the store after the dr. appt. I just quickly got some bananas and apples and carrots and lettuce and bread and burger and paper towels and cookies and milk and a new fan (it is a good time to replace fans, summer clearance).....
Tonight, we played restaurant. I stood at the counter with some leftovers, and let the kids choose what they wanted on their plate, then I warmed it for them. But we ran out, so 3 of the older girls, and Aaron, are having grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.
Well, we have to go to the airport tonight, and I have clothes in the dryer, and clothes to get out for tomorrow for the school kids.....

2 comments:

FLmom7 said...

That looks painful...I'm glad she's doing better now. That looks a lot like the reaction my son had a few months ago, but he had it from head to toe (and hives with the swelling). Some other things that may cause that kind of reaction are side effects from medicines, food or additives in food, or something in the environment (we think my son's last episode was from natural pesticides that were sprayed on our lawn). Sometimes there's no obvious reason, but that definitely looks like an allergic reaction, at least from the picture.

cheryl said...

Oh, poor Margaret.. Ouch!!!remember when Katie had "scalded skin syndrome"? I hope she improves very quickly!!!!!!!!!! And, welcome back, Joseph!!!