summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

new stove day...

The old stove is pulled away from the wall, waiting for me to clean behind it. Those new-stove delivery guys will be so impressed. I also need to get in there and clean up the kitchen. It looks pretty bad. Yesterday, Mirielle was in a buttermilk pancake-making mood. So she made two batches of them after school, with some bacon. I decided since they were eating that much at 4pm, they didn't need dinner in addition. So we went out to the hot tub for a while. Then while I usually am making dinner, I was sweeping up and mopping the kitchen and living room. I made two huge batches of stove top popcorn, and a batch of kettle corn around 7:30, and they had orange juice with it, to make it healthy. They asked a few times what was for dinner. Don't you remember the pancakes?

Anyway, when we have those sort of evenings, the mess just does not get cleaned up. And at that time of the evening, I just don't care. It is only when I meander out in the morning that I regret my evening laziness. Aaron teased me a bit this morning, as he headed out to school. "Looks like you've got your work cut out for you today, Mom!" ha ha ha. Those stove guys better not come early.

Paul is still sick. He has this cough that kept him up all night last night. And guess who else was awake? Oh, it was annoying, and I also felt sorry for him. Strangely enough, Camille slept through it. Anyways, he went into work and came back home again. I wouldn't think they would want him there, sharing his germs.

Well, I need to get started on this stuff. I have dry clothes in the dryer, wet clothes in the washer, and a whole laundry room full of hampers to choose what is the next priority load. Plus all the kitchen clean up, and the livingroom pickup. And I need to wash my hair, change Camille and give her breakfast. Suze is home again, the nurse called yesterday because she was down there with a headache, so Mirielle went and picked her up for me. She seems fine but says her head hurts. hmm.

Yes, it is nice to have Mirielle here. She is looking for a job though, and she will probably go back to college. So I know this is a special time. Having another adult around really makes things so much easier, and more fun to have some company. She loves to bake, and we are thinking of making up cookie dough for when the oven is installed. Time to get to work....

No comments: