summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, September 27, 2009

rosie is fun fun fun

The boys like Rosie, here she is with Aaron... Aaron decided to turn her into a mummy....

Next to her are all the toilet paper balls Aaron was trying to antagonize her with before he decided to mummy-ize her.



She didn't even care....

I told Aaron he was a toilet paper waster, but he said it wasn't wasted.....he had fun.


So now the older kids are heading to bed, it is just Mirielle and I still up, and it is finally quiet. I SHOULD be going to bed too, but I need a bit of time. Rosie is settled down for the night, I still have to take her out to go potty, then put her in her cage with a few ice cubes and a treat. She is pretty good, when I take her out, I stand on the deck and tell her to go potty, and she goes down the steps, and goes, and comes back up. I am impressed. I tell her to go into her cage,and she happily goes in and sits down, waiting for her treat. She can be such a huge pain, she is just always underfoot, but she learns so much by just being around us all the time. She is pretty good with the kids, we just need to teach her not to bite Mali. I think Mali played so much with her when she was a tiny pup, she associates Mali with playing. And she bites her, not growly, but wanting to play.
I wish I could say I was staying home tomorrow to clean the house. But I am taking Joseph to get his driver's permit. And taking the big white van to get an oil change. And, surprise surprise, we need milk again. It disapears like magic. I was shocked when I went to get bedtime milk for the two little girls, and what? I bought three gallons on Friday. Two days later, it is almost gone. And, we already had a gallon in there on Friday. Well, we did make cookies today, and it is the weekend. So we need milk and bread and bananas. The staples. And diapers. And pull-ups, which a few kids wear to bed. I don't know why we bother, their bedding needs washing every day anyway, they would probably stay dry sooner at night if they just went without...oh well.
Mirielle is leaving us again. She is going for a few months to help a family in Conneticut. The mom is expecting #5, and needs a helper. Mirielle will be an exceptional helper for her. I am sort of proud to send such a good girl out to help someone. She is amazing, really. She helps me so much around here, I am going to miss her, along with all she does. She puts loads of laundry in without even being asked, and hangs things out to dry, and loads the dishwasher, and is always game for an outing with the kids. I am going to be lonely without her. I know she needs to go and live her own life, but still, I will miss her. But I am glad for the mommy that she is getting such a good girl.
I went in the hot tub tonight. Aah, it was nice. Abigail, Stephanie, Margaret, and Kathryn were in before me, and they got rained on. It is so cool to be out in it in the rain, especially when the water is really hot, like 103. I like living out in the country where you can see the stars at night, and even when it is cloudy, it is beautiful out. When the wind blows, the trees in the woods sway and the leaves crinkle, and is smells so fresh. Sitting out there is just so refreshing, except for the crazy puppy who seriously wants to get in, too. She jumps up on the side, begging and barking. Sorry pooch, but your paws are too dirty, this water is too clean.
So tomorrow I will try to get a few thing done before I go out and about again. I could wait and go on Tuesday, but then Paul will have to stop at the store. He doesn't like stores, but he will go anyway. I like stores, so I usually go. And now I am good and tired.....



1 comment:

Tereza said...

No wonder that dog goes to bed happily for you:) Your kids wear her out! She probably LOVES it!

Now I know who to request if I need a helper:):):)