summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 4, 2009

brilliantly beautiful day....

Here is the crew that went to Darien Lake in our van. Me, with my arm around Evelyn Joy, Renee, our sweet friend from Detroit who is spending the week with us, Aaron holding his backpack, Sam next to him, Mali next to him, Margaret, Kathryn, Mirielle, and Abigail...then Camille in the stroller, Suzanne next to her, Sonja K., and Charlotte Claire, and then Jonathan in front of Mirielle. I still can't get over taking 15 people for $29.99. Worth every penny, it was.
Camille at the water park area in her polka-dot bikini. How come bikinis look good on chubby toddlers?

Such a sweetie pie.
Charlotte Claire...she has a sticker on her leg, and numerous hair-ponies on her wrist. Fashionable girl.





And such a pretty smile!




Cheryl, do not kill me. I think we look great in this picture....just relaxin' by the water.....my only sister and I. She also brought a van full of kids, 6 of her girls, her grandson, and her grand-daughter. Her Claire had to get home to do college homework, so we worked out a plan...she took my Charlotte Claire and Camille home in her van early, and left her sweet grand-daughter Grace, and her daughters Janet and Ellen with me. (we know how to squish)...that made it nice, because the little girls were tired, they conked in her van. I love them dearly, but it made it so much easier to go on the rides with the other little ones when they left.


We went on the huge high ferris wheel, which scares the daylights out of me. Grace was not scared at all. She stated that it is not fair that little kids aren't allowed on the rollercoasters. She is fearless, and so cute it isn't funny.








Abigail looking down....you can see for miles up there, it is beautiful. But scary...if you ask me.








Renee with Suzanne. Renee had never been to a place like this, and she was a real trooper about trying things. She enjoyed herself and was such a joy to have along with us.







Suzanne.









It IS a huge ferris wheel.










Grace and Janet on the merry-go-round....she is such a pretty little girl. I have a special attatchment to her, I saw her be born.....I love her like she was mine.












Mirielle, Jon, and Abigail on a ride I didn't go on.














Grace, Janet, and Sonja.












We basically split into two groups...the others (Aaron, Mali, Sam, Margaret, Kathryn, Ellen) were the rollercoaster/scary ride group. Here is our group, Mirielle, Suzanne, Sonja, Grace, Jonathan, Evelyn, Renee, Janet, and Abigail. And me, the photographer.....the kids had lots of fun trying to scoop coins out of the fountain without falling in, they were throwing the coins back in.....then a mean security guard came over and yelled at them, accusing them of taking the money....boy, give some people a little bit of power. Anyway, we stayed until too late, had too much fun, too much cotton candy, and I had a hard time keeping awake for the drive home....

I started this post this morning, and had to leave to take Aaron for a job interview, a quick trip for milk and bread, and a stop at a local farm for sweet corn and apples. And here I am...now it is past lunchtime, and the kids are hungry and want to swim......















2 comments:

FLmom7 said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! That is a nice picture of the whole group, and I love Camille's little pink polka-dot bikini, lol. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so scared in ferris wheels!! I did it once last year I squizzed my husband's hand so tight that I hurt him! Oh well after a few terrifying rounds, it gets better!
I haven't read your blog in forever (August 20?) I missed it!
I went on a road trip from USA to Canada and back with our moving truck. It was fun! I think I was not too far from you. Now that I can read blogs again, it's almost like I can call this new place home. :)