summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 14, 2009

is it monday again already?!

The weekends go by way too quickly. Today, a few kids skipped school already. Sam is home, but he is really sick. Margaret apparently couldn't get out of bed, no matter how hard she tried. Hmm. Although I can certainly sympathize, I do think she could have tried just a little bit harder. And the message I got was that she had a sore throat, so I didn't give her any extra help to get up. Kathryn says she doesn't feel well. So far, she seems okay. Suzanne said she had a huge headache, and she started crying very convincingly as the bus approached. She got to stay home. So far, she has taken a bath with the two little girls, made bagelsfor them, ate with them, and set up and played dollies with them. I think she tricked me.

Paul is home today, and he is not faking. He has a cough and just feels awful. I am coughing now, and feel like gravity is pulling on me extra hard. I hate to be so listless when Paul is home, he probably thinks I just sit around every day. ha.

Camille has her froggy boots again. This time, with a pretty little dress. Charlotte Claire is playing with a Dora Doll that Suzanne gave to Camille, and it is not sitting well with Camille. So Kathryn is getting her some dollhouse stuff out. I picked up the living room and swept up a bit and put in a load of towels and not much else. I am hoping they don't set up too much stuff out here.

Kathryn says her head hurts, so maybe she really is sick. I wish I had a magic thermometer that would indicate whether they are faking. They have no computer priveledges today, and Margaret has to miss soccer practice tonight. I mean, if I had a kid who was really sick and homebound, it would be fine for them to go on their Facebook pages, or watch videos. But when they are possibly or probably faking, too bad. No computer.

The bad thing is, I love having them here. So it is hard to be firm. I think they know I love having them here, too. Suzanne really likes taking care of the little girls, and she actually said to me this morning, after the bus pulled away without her and she dried her tears, "But Mommy, I wanted to help you today!" That IS very nice. But......

As for me, I would really like to go back to bed for like 3 hours. Camille has a cough, and she woke up calling for me several times last night. Once I just said, "shh, shh", and she went back to sleep. Cool!, I thought. That wasn't too bad. But, the next time, she didn't stop yelling until I picked her up and patted her. Oh, what fun to have an almost two-year-old baby. I usually always have a younger one, and the child her age would be in her own room, sleeping all night long. Oh well, there is a season for everything. And I would still like to go back to bed. Rats, the sun is coming out. The way I feel today, I would like a cloudy chilly day. A day to sit around and drink hot tea.

Well, my laundry is ready to take out of the washer. So off I go, in the day that the Lord had made.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

You totally need to start homeschooling! I promise, you CAN DO IT!!!!

Start small with just a few and see how the year goes. Suzanne stays home a lot anyway, make it official and boost your confidence. The worst thing that could happen is that she looses a year of what, 4th or 5th grade? So what! And I promise, she will learn more at home than she ever could at school!

You have so many readers who are willing to help you and show you the ropes. Take advantage of us! :)

Emily said...

I agree, you should start homeschooling - if you have enough energy for it. I was homeschooled for all of my schooling and loved it... but I know it takes a lot of work and you already have a lot to do.

Hope you are all feeling better soon! (Those of you who really are sick, haha).

Peace.