summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

chilly rainy morning


The princesses....Camille's shoes are ladies size 8 or so. They have blankets for capes, but they took off their sunglasses for the picture. Somehow princesses in sunglasses are adorable....

It is chilly, and rainy. Rosie and I walked anyway, I do not care if I get wet. Now my feet are cold, I have to dig up my slippers again. I hope it stays like this all day, it is the kind of day to get things done in the house.

Our front door is freshly painted, as well as the door trim, and the foyer is half painted. No one jumps to do it, so I have to demand and cajole to get them to help. Mali and Aaron finally jumped in and rolled while I did the edging. But the foyer ceiling is one and a half stories high, so someone has to get on the ladder and reach the high parts. Joseph and Aaron have promised me they will get to it this afternoon. It looks nice all clean and empty..

I went to Walmart for a second time last evening, to get a second gallon of paint. I took Evelyn and Suze, and we had a great time.

Mali's knee: the kneecap is tilted. She can run, which she is rejoicing about, but she needs physical therapy to strengthen the muscles in her thigh, and it will take a while for it to actually feel better.

We ordered cakes for the party! It was hard to do because one thing I know how to do is make cakes! I am the one who usually makes them for the graduation parties....I love it, too! But...my mother-in-law wanted to help, she paid for them, and it will be somewhat of a relief not to have to decorate cakes with all the other stuff going on....anyway, we ordered from Wegman's, which has really yummy cakes....one vanilla with rasberry filling and buttercream frosting for Mali, and chocolate with chocolate filling and buttercream frosting for Aaron. I am saving some calories this week so I can try both.

So Benjamin gets into the airport around midnight Friday. He will be tired, but it will be so nice to see him.

I guess I am just really excited that he is coming home. I am like the mother hen, and all my chicks will be here at once....I am looking forward to some really good times this weekend.

The older kids will be gone all day Saturday to the youth conference, but they will see Ben on Sunday and Monday.

According to what Benjamin has heard about the unit he is joining, they won't be deployed until a year from October. But he IS a medic, and they are in need of them in Afghanistan, so...who knows. Well, God does. And that is a comfort.

And now I am going to play matching game with Charlotte Claire....

1 comment:

FLmom7 said...

Your little girls are so cute! They are growing up fast! Camille was just a baby when I started reading your blog...time flies!