summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

summer afternoon pictures

Suzanne, Kathryn, Sonja, Jonathan, and Evelyn
chicken wings on the new grill
Rosie likes to keep me company when I grill on the deck.....she knows I tend to drop things.
Evelyn Joy

Mirielle and Evelyn got new dresses today....

We had to be out the door by 9:45 this morning to bring the minivan for new brakes. Mirielle and I, Evelyn, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, and Camille went shopping...we bought a new tent! I had a $10 off coupon, so the $189 tent that was on sale for $69 was only $59. We are planning to go camping without the camper, since it is so big and difficult to tow. Fifteen of us in tents....blah. If Emily and Abigail come up, they should probably get their own campsite.....

We then went to Target, got an airmattress...I can sleep in a tent on one of those, I think. There were jeans 75% off, and I got Char some adorable kindergarten sneakers, wah. Then to Price-Chopper for chicken and hot dogs and a watermelon and salad greens, peppers, shampoo, bread, red licorice, crackers, detergent, papertowels.....then to Wegman's for burger (we are having taco salad tonight), green peppers, milk, and a pool floatie that was on clearance. Oh, and a bag of ice. 18 pounds of ice....our ice maker in the freezer is clogged up because of our water, but if we put ice in there, it will still dispense from the door....nice clean ice made with non-mineral-y and iron-y water....yum.

We came home in time for a terrific afternoon thunderstorm. After putting away the groceries, we put in the movie we rented for the kids, "Yogi Bear", and I did 20 minutes of exercise....then two 15 calorie popsicles, and here I am...taking a nice little break. I could seriously fall asleep right now, it is hot in here and the house fan is on, making that sleepy white noise.....but I shall not nap, it is almost the dreaded Dinner Time....and I would like a quick dip in the pool if the storm is over.....

1 comment:

Martha said...

We got some rain this afternoon, but no glorious thunderstorms. Maybe that will come during the night. I sleep so much better when it's storming and that leaves the daylight hours available for sunshine. :)