summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 4, 2011

did I bring my camera to the parade? ha.


But I did have Jon take one of Camille and I on my cell phone, and I actually succeeded in getting it on here, which was no minor feat for me, the computer-ally challenged blogger. The fact that it is indeed sideways we shall ignore.

The parade with three kids: easy, relaxing, and really fun. We got them an ice cream first, ouch for me, they looked so good. I tasted theirs a few times, I mean, someone has to help them catch the drips....

We also visited Gramma and Grampa, Paul's parents. They are in their early eighties, so I tried to get the kids to be calm at their house. They had eaten candy all during the parade, then what does Gramma do? Yeah, she brought out some huge lollipops for them. Nothing as relaxing as trying to get your two little girls (Jon saved his for later, I think he suspected it had gum in the middle, and Jon does NOT do gum) to sit calmly and not get lollipop all over Gramma's nice rug....when she finally turned on some cartoons, they turned into Zombies.

Their house is spotless. Immaculate. Nicely decorated, freshly painted, and spotless. It made me wish ours was half as clean, but here I am typing instead of cleaning.

I did get up and take Rosie for our walk even though it was sprinkling out. It looked like it could downpour, and I figured we wouldn't melt, so on we went. Home to make bacon, green pepper, tomato, cheddar cheese, and onion omelets for Paul and I, and French Toast for the three little ones. (Joe and Aaron ate some too). Then I sat down, and here I am.

I only lost one pound this week. One pound. Blah, at this rate it will take me two years to reach my goal. But I remind myself of the good that has come out of this so far:

1. My blood pressure is lower.

2. My heartburn is GONE. Totally and completely gone.

3. I have a tiny bit more energy.

4. I went down a skirt size. (I tried on a pair of jean capris in Kohl's the other day, and ha, I looked hilarious...I have a long way to go!)

5. I am still totally inspired to reach my goal, and maintain this healthy eating and exercise for the rest of my life.

6. I do not hate exercising anymore, although I haven't actually pushed myself too hard yet. I need to do more.

This morning's number WAS nice to see, even though it had .8 next to it....it was the lowest number I have gotten in years. It seems like I will get a low number, then it will go up and down, then finally go lower....blah. I know, scales don't tell everything....but it is so much fun to see the numbers go down!! It is way more fun than eating donuts. rrr, I am a liar. I LOVE donuts. ouch. I have broken up with donuts, and I still miss them dearly.

Paul is trying to get the swimming pool going, with the help of Jonathan, his faithful little sidekick. The princesses are playing princess dolls. They want all their dolls to have really long hair, so they use hair elastics to attatch blankets or sheets to the dolls' hair, so it drags all the way across the room.

Rosie has yellow marker on her head. Thanks, Joe and Aaron.

1 comment:

Tereza said...

Sorry I haven't been commenting. My hubby And I are on a mini vacation. You are doing so so good with your diet... Can't get over how your heart burn is already gone and blood pressure lower! That's amazing and so worth it!