summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

park pictures....

Camille
Charlotte Claire
Suzanne
Sonja pushing Evelyn
Jonathan and some sisters
Charlotte Claire and I...I had to let Sam take a picture of me to balance out the ones I took of him...
Aaron
Aaron helping Camille...I LOVE when big brothers help little siblings.
Samuel James

Miss Emily-The-Nice-Big-Sister
Sonja hates her scooter now. She fell off. So I did what every nice Mom would do. I took a picture.

Eleven of the kids went to the park today....Emily, Mirielle, Aaron, Samuel, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. Sam took this one.

The playground was the new American standard...a padded playground. Underneath the whole thing was a foamy carpeting. It certainly was fun for the kids....Sam and Aaron kicked the soccer ball around, Kathryn and Suze did some gymnastics, I pestered a young mom about her sweet little baby twins, she probably thought I was a creepy stalker person, but those babies were so cute! We had some lunch, then on to the library.

I have a stack of books waiting for me....I think we got out about forty books. Then...to the ice cream place! The chocolate and vanilla twist was worth every single calorie...so yummy. And worth every penny, too, nineteen dollars for twelve of us. Emily and two little princesses got baby cones, which I should have done...but. Summer around here means soft ice cream, and if I can be super careful for the rest of the day, I figure I can have one once in a while. (after all, at the park I resisted the chocolate chip muffins, the blueberry muffins, the cheap cheezy puffs, and had only three Triscuits with peanut butter, some orange, some peach, and a green apple. And a few cashews.)

Home: I got my sneakers on and went on the treadmill for 25 minutes. Ice cream guilt.

Spaghetti for dinner tonight. I shall have meat sauce on green beans, instead. It is good and filling, and healthier.

It is chilly today, but so cozy. Mali is reading a princess library book to Princess Camille. Em is just chillin' on the couch with Sonja, Sam is waiting for his ride to go camping in Canada for a few days with some boys from church....Rosie is lying on the floor....

1 comment:

AUTISMOMMA said...

We are having spaghetti tonight too! Spaghetti sauce on green beans.....who'd a thunk? When I'm being healthy, I always eat the sauce on spaghetti squash. I'll have to try your green bean idea some time - much less trouble than the squash.