summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

heatwave!!

Ninety-five degrees today. Our pool filter will not turn on. We have no air conditioning. And Camille is sitting with me, all huggy and sweet, and HOT.

Aaron took the car to school today so he is picking up the three elementary kids to save them from the long hot bus ride home. Mirielle is going to the dr. today so I am sending her to the store for watermelon, popsicles, and some good stuff to cook on the new grill.

How in the world can the living room get so messy so fast?

Why is the couch a magnet for clothes?

Why is it hard for a child to put a towel in the hamper?

Okay....on the weight loss topic:

I have lost 21 pounds now, but whenever the scale goes down, it goes back up, then back down, then finally down again....agonizingly slow. I think I shall hire a personal trainer, a cleaning lady, and a personal chef. ha. Actually, I should go exercise before it gets really hot, it is only in the seventies now.

Evelyn Joy is home from school today.....she had good reasons. Too hot, nothing cool to wear. I think she just needs to be home today. Hard to understand unless you have so many kids they practically wait in line to tell things, and rarely get a chance to just talk to Mommy about nothing in particular.

I think I shall bribe her to get some things done around here. Yes, they will help for nothing, but throw in the promise of a new pair of shorts or a trip to the mall, these girls will really help. I can move along here steadily and get things done, but having an enthusiastic helper we can get things done crazy fast.

The sink is full of dishes. The older kids made waffles last night around nine o'clock. They smelled SO good, but I had a whole grain English muffin with turkey and a yogurt for dinner. And some hot air popcorn with zero calorie spray margarine for snack. I measured it out, but still sneaked a few handfuls for the Real Butter stuff. Temptations everywhere around here! Then, I had a spoonful of peanutbutter and a handful of Nestle chocolate chips....because I had counted my calories for the day and they were way under the 1200 mark....so I felt okay about it...but then I should probably just leave it and not do things like that at 9:30 at night...but, oh they were good.....crunchy peanutbutter and dark chocolate....it would be a heck of a lot easier if I didn't like yummy stuff so much....

Time to get moving...so much to do I don't know where to begin. Perhaps I shall get the whole house so spotlessly clean the kids won't recognize it when they come home....

5 comments:

Martha said...

I am melting. Pass the Popsicles. I'll take a red one. :)

I can not complain though. Was it just two short weeks ago I built a fire int he wood stove? Good grief! What crazy weather!

16 blessings'mom said...

I am melting too. Either I forgot to tell Mirielle to get popsicles, or she forgot...and the 100 pack of freezepops from last week is history. So we had watermelon, cold and yummy, and gone too fast. When I do replenish the Popsicles, I will buy some of the 15 calorie ones for me again...they are actually really good!

Deb said...

Oh, the peanut butter and chocolate chips thing took me back! I used to do the same thing...I think it developed during one of my pregnancies as a fast remedy for a craving.

Keep up the good work on your weight, I know it is hard! You can do this...21 pounds is nothing to snicker at! Just think of what four 5 lb bags of sugar looks like. You lost that much and it is huge! I commend you for making the effort.

mommeeof10 said...

I thought you had a few small Air conditioners? We have an extra 7,000 btu one, but won't be to NY state until mid July :( We gave it to my MIL several years ago, but I don't think she used it often. It is probably 10 years old.

16 blessings'mom said...

Ahh...small air conditioners. Yes, we do have two of them, in storage still. We have so few days that actually get unbearably hot, we have had some summers we never got them in...I have to actually re-arrange the living room to accomodate the living room one...and then hang a sheet in the doorway of the hall...