summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, June 12, 2011

sunday, a day of rest....

A good day though. Despite how tired I am and how I should be getting on to bed instead of writing here....

Last night I had a terrible stomach ache. I attribute it to the homemade baked beans my mother-in-law brought over. There was nothing wrong with them, they were good. The others didn't get sick, but I have trouble digesting beans. I ate them anyway. Bad idea. I was in the bathroom for four hours, on and off. I know, no one wants to hear about my horrible bathroom trips, but I was like a zombie this morning...yet I got moving and went to church...

I painted the front door this afternoon, then talked to my son Benjamin for 50 minutes. He is coming home in 5 days!

Then, time for my walk. Since Rosie had had some romping time with Sam, and was in and out all day, I figured I would sneak out without Her Awfulness. Suzanne came along with me. She talked and chatted and skipped and hopped while I huffed and tried to talk....up the Evil Hill, down, and back up...she scampered along in her red flip flops while I worked to go as fast as I could. At one point I asked her if she was tired at all, but NO, she was not tired.

Home to cook dinner...marinated chicken on the grill and leftover potatoes warmed up on the grill...served with a veggie mix (yellow squash and zuchini, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower...) Yum.

I added up all my calories for the day, and it was only 800. So, I had some Nestle chocolate chips and a small handful of peanuts. Yum.

See, we have been talking about the cakes for the party...and Mali remembered a white chocolate cake with white chocolate frosting and fresh rasberries, made with four cups of real cream, that Mirielle had made one time. My sister and I never forget a cake, but neither do my daughters. It made me so hungry for cake. Good cake. I am going to have a nice healthy and active week so I can have a really good piece of cake on Sunday.

Ashley is packing. Wah. Not for her, just for us. When Benjamin leaves here next week, she will be going with him! They finally get to be together. But wah. We are going to miss her SO much.

I have lots of shopping and planning and cooking to do this week. Things I enjoy doing, but life will go on in the midst of it all. There is Mali's appointment with the orthopaedic dr. tomorrow, and driving Sam to and from some of his state tests this week, and I HAVE to fit in my treadmill/weights/walks, so I can have some cake.

This is the most disjointed and pointless post ever.

No comments: