summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 17, 2011

did something click in her silly little head?


Rosie-The-Bad Dog...it is nice she has white on the top of her head, it makes a good place to color. She is pink on the very top, then green toward the front. My boys just think this looks nice, I guess. Anyway, this bad dog was a model doggie on her walk this morning!!! What the heck! She did not tug AT ALL on her leash, just walked beside me like someone had replaced her with a robot dog. Was it because I have been making her walk behind me out the door, and never letting her in before me? Or was she just tired? I don't know. But I'll take it!

I wasn't going to get up early this morning. I let the three younger kids stay home, again, because today they have Field Days. And, Ben is coming home tonight!!!

Anyway, I wasn't going to get up. When I woke up at 5:48, I was so happy it was too early to get up I could scarcely fall back to sleep. Then when I woke again at 6:18, I tried to tell myself I could sleep more and walk Rosie later. But I couldn't convince myself, and up I got.

This week has gone by too too fast. I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I had wanted to...Mirielle and I did put about sixty pounds of chicken in marinade yesterday and put it in the 'fridge and freezer, for the party. I need to make pasta salad and lots of other things...my refrigerator is isn't big enough to put everything in.

Charlotte Claire is assembling some solar lights. There are six, and she told me that if we put 2 in the back yard, we can put 4 in the front yard. Too bad she will go to school and learn that as a boring "fact" in 1st grade. She brought one over to me so I could help her put the top on, and it turned on when I put my hand over the top..what? She said, "They work in the DARK, Mom!" Oh, right. Thank you, Charlotte Claire.

Our swimming pool is swimmable! The water is getting warmer, and cleaner. It isn't crystal clear yet, but it is getting there. We went in yesterday afternoon until it started raining. Actually, the rain didn't bother us until we heard some thunder...blah.

Dinner last night: boneless lemon pepper pork chops, southwest chicken breast, a pot of macaroni and cheese, and tossed salad with green and red peppers and tomatoes. And croutons. I figure I cut most carbs, I can have a few croutons. Yum. We had seventeen people for dinner last night, the boys had a cousin and a friend here for a few days. (and those boys can EAT!) They are fun to have though. And honestly, it is nice to see what I make for dinner appreciated. Paul brought home two packages of Oreo Doublestuff cookies for dessert. They looked so good. They smelled so good. The thought crossed my mind to pick one up and just take a big sniff....but why torture myself? And yes, I realize this does sound crazy. Doesn't anyone else out there LOVE cookies? I am plagued. I love all kinds of yummy things. But I have to deny myself, choose carefully when I can splurge and have a treat and when I have to suffer it through. I will have to live like this for the rest of my life if I want to lose the weight I want to lose, and keep it off. I am okay with it, and it has gotten easier....but I can't help but wish I was totally repulsed by chocolate....(Mirielle and Aaron made Chocolate Lava Cakes last night...the whole house was filled with that aroma of baking chocolate....they are these little cakes that have a hot chocolate-y filling....they made them for the kids who were still up....I did have a small taste, oh heavenly goodness!)(I told them they were evil)

Mirielle and I have to take a trip to the small city this morning. We need garbage bags and she needs more bloodwork. The dr. office called and asked her to come in, we don't know why yet, and I am a little bit concerned. "concerned" is okay, it is better than "worried".

The solar lights are assembled, there are no stakes with them! How in the heck am I supposed to put them in the ground? That's what I get for buying them from Aldi....

And I have a question....where in the heck do all of our spoons go?

Camille and Jon are up now...time for me to get moving....

4 comments:

Sherah said...

LOL @ the spoons...I started just buying spoons whenever I found them at garage sales or the thrift stores, and now we have plenty of spoons but they're all mismatched. =) I figured out where they go, 2 places: 1) they're used to dig VERY important holes in the backyard, hee hee and 2) the little ones want to help and clear their plates so they've been known to just...dump the contents (spoon, food, and all) in the trash and put he plate in the sink. Hmmm....

(raising my hand) I definitely love to smell yummy things! Specifically, the bag of Doritoes when I'm making lunch...mmm...and of course donuts too. You're right, it is torture though - but one person told me once, to pretend it's one of those yummy smelling candles that you can burn. You know the ones that smell like chocolate cake, or fresh baked bread. =) There's nothing there to eat, just the smell to reminisce...

Cassandra said...

I can't believe how big Rosie is now! So glad she is behaving better for you :-)

AUTISMOMMA said...

I have a question regarding pulling the children out of school and I don't want it to sound offensive because honestly, I think it's absolutely wonderful that you let the kids take days off. Adults can take off days from work, so why shouldn't children be able to take them off from school?

Anyway, my question: Does NY not have a truancy law? Or if they do, do you somehow keep track of the number of days each child takes off in order to avoid problems from the school?

16 blessings'mom said...

Ahh, Truancy Laws...probably. Which rankles me somehow. I know, there have to be laws. But. But.