summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 11, 2011

it's my life and I'll do what I want...ha

It took a good half hour to get this entire can of Flarp out of Charlotte Claire's hair. (If you don't know what Flarp is, I don't know what to say. I bought it for Jon because he was sick on the couch and needed some cheering up...)

It came out little by little with conditioner and a comb...then a shower.
The blog title is a line from a song, minus the "ha".

I come last. That is to be expected, and it is usually okay. But sometimes, rrr.

Yesterday I decided I wanted to paint. So....I want to Walmart and got three quarts of enamel for the doors and door frames, and a gallon of pale yellow satin for the foyer/stairway. Home with the paint and dogfood and a couple of cute outfits for the little princesses I couldn't pass up for $2.80 each....

Home to find out that Gramma was coming over! Now, do not get me wrong. I love Gramma. I love visiting with her and love that the kids have a Gramma who cares about them. But. BUT. I did NOT want to clean up furiously for a half an hour. I WANTED TO PAINT. And, I wanted to go on the treadmill. Or go to the school pool. rrr. I had things I was trying to decide among, and suddenly, I couldn't choose any of them. She came half hour after she said she was, so I could have gotten some painting done, or gone on the treadmill...but I cleaned up, instead.

Mirille was making pizza dough from scratch, and Aaron had fresh baked cinnamon buns coming out of the oven when she came in. We gave her two for Grandpa and her for breakfast. She gave us a pan of homemade baked beans, cooked all night in the crockpot. And, the best blueberry/pecan cake I have ever tasted! Now, you know I do not eat these kinds of things anymore...but this cake, oh....I had a small sample, and that was my undoing. I had another and another. I am just talking about small pieces, huge bites. Yum. I told the kids to please eat it all quickly....

(gramma gave me a hundred bucks to buy the cakes for the party because she wants to help. I asked Mirielle if I could still make them and use the hundred bucks to buy some of the food. She said I can't.)

Anyway....it seems like I don't have much choice in what I do most of the time...

Like this morning. I woke up and remembered that I had to get Margaret to the school by 9:30 for her music solo. I made my oatmeal and took a mug of coffee to go....I waited in the van for her for 45 minutes and read a stupid magazine. I am glad I am not so obsessed with fashion and Do's and Don'ts of footwear, and what shape sunglasses to fit my face...although I did pick out the bathing suit I am going to buy after I lose my next hundred pounds....

Home. Pulled into the driveway and was greeted by Paul, who said not to even get out, we had to go NOW to bring the rental car back to the city....so, off I went. It was kind of fun though, I found the place easily, and he was driving all over calling me....he finally found it, returned the car, and we drove home together, stopping at the wonderful Aldi, for $23 worth of yummies. A watermelon, a cantaloupe, 12 yogurts, blueberries, cucumbers, spinach, two bags of apples, and some orange juice.

Finally, home. Just in time to remove Flarp from Char's hair.

Rosie was outside running loose. Sam played with her a bit. So I went for my walk all by myself with no guilt! I walked fast, and did the Evil Hill twice.

Home again....the kids went in the pool, even though it isn't clear yet, they don't care, yuck. Lunch. I had a huge salad with tomatoes and real bacon bits and a few slices of turkey, and a few walnuts, and cucumbers and spinach and croutons. Too good to be good for me.

A storm is coming in, it is cozy in here. All six of the youngest children are here in the living room with me. The older kids went to the church for their bible competition results and a cookout.

I think I will go curl up on the couch and take a snooze. I mean, there is so much to do, I can't choose...and it is so quiet and cozy in here.....

3 comments:

Tereza said...

I feel like you write about my life!!!! I should add more detail in my posts cause life really is as crazy as you write them!

ccc said...

Same here as above comment--our lives are so similar. Except so far nobody has got Flarp in their hair--YET!

Unknown said...

I was looking for something else and this popped up .. I almost thought it was ME in the picture... haha doppleganger... (sideways anyways) haha