summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 1, 2021

Monday again?...how?

 Are there like two Mondays a week this winter or what?  We are getting a nor'easter...not tons of snow here in our area, maybe a foot.  Wind, and snow, school already cancelled for tomorrow, yay!  

This fine morning, I had to get out of my warm, toasty bed (flannel sheets, why did I only discover you this year?), and go, once again, to the dreaded road test.  I do not like waiting while my kids take these tests.  I've waited with small children, oh yes I have, I've waited while pregnant, and in the hot hot sun.  This fine morning, no small children waited with me, as I walked up and down the sidewalk, wondering, will he pass?  ugh, the utter wondering of it all, the anxiety!


I made that path, good thing I have Bear Paws with warm socks.


Jonathan Robert, licensed to drive in New York State!  phew.  Only two more kids to go.  

The older kids have helped with this through the years, but also, it's not like this is merely the 14th test.  Some of the kids passed the first time, but shh, a few took it like three times. 

We didn't go out and celebrate, but we did go to Wegmans.  Wegmans is like a celebration.  If you live in the northeast, you will recognize that this is a premium grocery store.  The ambiance is warm, the produce is always excellent, and they have the basic items at a good price, always.  I like their store brand of seltzer, ginger, mmm.  Their paper towels and toilet paper are reasonable, and good quality.  We got some coffee, Brussel sprouts, pasta sauce, baking ingredients.

Home.  Ah, home, kids doing online school today.  Sonja K. had to go into work, she should be home before the snow really starts coming down here.  

We already have a good bit of snow, what a winter!

Anyway.  I am trying to keep busy.  What shall I make?  Bread?  Cookies?  Cinnamon rolls?  Dinner is leftover ham, roasted diced butternut squash with Brussel sprouts, red onion,  and stuffing.  


6 comments:

Jeanette said...

You are getting a lot of snow over there! My son is in NH and they are getting 7-13 inches tonight! We got a few a couple days ago. I'm definitely not complaining!

Cheryl said...

Wegmans is an amazing grocery chain. Have you ever tried their albacore tuna? It's excellent and reasonably priced as well. I think it's like 8 cans for 9.99.
Every year for my birthday, my husband buys the small vanilla ultimate cake from the bakery. Awesome!
It really is a treat to go there!

Marilyn said...

Oh my goodness!! I’m sitting here in my big comfy chair watching GMA and seeing the storms down there!! Good heavens!!! Feet of snow ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️ WOW!! And yay Jonathan!! That’s good. Like you said, just 2 more to go. Supper sounded good Della. Roasted squash is so delicious......so are roasted yams. Any root veggie is good roasted though eh? Parsnips and carrots and potatoes too. They seem to sweeten up.....yum. Bindi is pawing at me here to pat her and when I ignore her she paws at my leg!! So I just gave her a nice pat and ear scratch and Hudson comes rushing over pushing his big self in for his turn! Gotta love these labbies 🐾🐾

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Ps.......my husband just read they’re predicting -59F in North Dakota😬😬😬😬😬 Surely that’s not right?

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, yes, the pawing for pets! They are such good friends to have!
Cheryl: I haven't tried their tuna, but their store brands are always so good. The cake sounds delectable.
Jeanette, even my son in Virginia is getting snowed on. This is a widespread storm. It's kind of fun, but then I am not driving in it. My oldest is an NP, and had to drive to the city, my chemo nurse daughter, same. They obviously can't work from home nor have snow days, so I keep busy praying for them and their safety.

Anonymous said...

My son has his driver's test tomorrow morning. I'm nervous. Glad to hear Jon passed!
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Valerie, I wish your boy all the best! It's so hard to see them grow up and have to go through these things! I hope he passes!