summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

37 years! what?

 A Kindergarten Love Poem for My Dearest Paul...

37 years...

The joy - the tears!

And, the changing gears...

     From blissfully slow,

   to GO GO GO!

And back around to slow...slow...slow.

Through thick and thin (try not to grin!)


Sleepless nights

There were no fights...


God has done a work in you,

You're patient, kind, gentle true.


Our lives were a mess back in the day,

Busy, we had no time to play!

But never ever did you say,

  You had regret..

   That we had met.


You held me up, encouraged me

Blessed me when I didn't see

The things from which I wasn't free.


Responsible and kind and good,

There's no one else that ever could,

Put up with me and love me too,

Very glad, thankful for you.


As we age and rock gray hair,

You on the couch, me in my chair,

May our hearts be knit together more

As we live out our years, rich or poor.

Gaining wisdom and grandkids too,

Still ready all God's will to do!


He's blessed us far and wide and vast,

And these good years have flown right past!


I love you.






...Margaret is here with the kids, working from home from here...so it's not quiet and boring!  Paul is also working from home today, on our 37th anniversary.  He gave me a nice card and two dark chocolate bars, one with raspberry, mmmm.  So off I go, to write Wulf a ticket...he likes to ride around on the balance bike, going "speedy fast", and saying, "Grandma, I think I need a ticket..."

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

❤️ x"s 37 Happy Anniversary!! Thanks so much for the amazing example you have been as a faithful couple, trusting God in all your trials! I could say much more, but I think you've said it all, Dr Seuss 😍

Anonymous said...

How wonderful ❤️ Happy anniversary!
Valerie

Susan said...

Beautifully written Della!♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️Susan

Billie Jo said...

Happy Anniversary, beautiful people!
What a blessing your love story is!

Linda said...

Beautiful. Happy Anniversary!!!! Wishing you many more years of happiness. smiles

shellie said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the poem😊

16 blessings'mom said...

Dr. Seuss ha, Cheryl. That's about it. Thank you, my dear friends, for all of your kind comments! Marriage is hard work, but worth it, and I have been totally blessed.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Della 🥰 I do hope you had a wonderful day! Your poem is lovely ☺️

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Michelle said...

Happy anniversary! That’s a beautiful poem!

Terri D said...

Happy anniversary!! I loved the poem and am sure your sweetheart does too!! xo