summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, March 25, 2021

anyone have way too much?

 ...way too much patience, or joy?  Long-suffering, got extras of that?  Are you overflowing with gratitude, so much that perhaps you should be a bit more unthankful?

That's okay, me neither.  But I am working on it!

Here are some good things, in random order:

1.  Cake balls.  These are dipped in white chocolate melted with a 7 ounce Hershey bar, and a bag of mini chocolate chips.  How can they not be good?  The kids had some, then put them in the freezer, oh dear...mmm.

Grandkids:

1.  Elise and Anya


2.  Wulf and Tennyson...


(Wulf fixing the walker!)

3.  Lydia and Ophelia


4.  Grant!

5.  Achilles!

6...Jonathan, being such a good Uncle Jonny...


(with Tennyson and Ophelia)

7.  Miss Charlotte Claire and Miss Camille Anaya, being good students...


8.  Me, still alive after some hard work...

Just hauling some old wood from the hot tub base and the old deck it was sitting on, wow, it's gotten hot out, or is it just me?

9.  My sister, Cheryl...
My mother-in-law, Eleanor, made this cross-stitch for Cheryl, isn't it pretty?  And doesn't my sister look good?  Can you believe that she has Covid-19?  Well she does.  You could never tell by looking at her!  She tested positive over a week ago, so her quarantine will be ending soon.  She did get sick, but not bedridden, or hospital sick.  She had one dose of the vaccine, and this proves to me that it DOES help lessen the symptoms.  Cheryl is in remission for breast cancer, and has some other health issues, lots of them, including really bad, lifelong, asthma.  We always thought that this virus would be the end for her, so she has been careful.  She's not walking in the park with it, but she's doing all right.  As she says, with all of her issues she never feels great anyway, ha, so it's hard to tell.  Anyway, I am super thankful for her!

10.  Today.  Today was sunny and warm and summery, a very beautiful day.  

Is my life ideal?  Nah.  If I go down the I wish road, I'd find plenty things to want.  I could list twice as many things here to be unthankful for, easily.  There are times and seasons, different times of testings and trials, and it's totally up to us how we want to take things.    (Just look at my sister!).  So in essence, my life IS ideal!

I am looking forward to spending time with those grandkids again, and seeing all of my older kids, and going out and about, of course. 

I am also weighing and measuring and wondering and pondering whether to get the vaccine, now that it's available to my age bracket here in New York State.  I cannot get it until my Q ends anyway, so I have time to consider.  One thought:  if I've lived in this house with two positive kids, and Paul who tested negative then proceeded to get very sick, so most likely a positive, then..?.my California nurse son says to get it, just for the peace of mind.  My nurse daughters are adamant that it's my choice, and no one should be forced into it.   There are numbers to consider, and there's herd immunity, and there's the possibility to travel more freely with it, but it's still putting garbage-io in the body.  

Ah well.  It's now dinner time.  Last night we had lime-juice marinated pork chops, roasted in the oven, with red skinned mashed potatoes, baked green beans with butter and those little French onions on the top.  Cam's having  leftovers of that tonight, and the rest of us are having taco salad...



6 comments:

Izabela said...

I would encourage you to really look into this vaccine before you make your decision. This vaccine is not FDA approved and just approved for emergency use. They do not know the long term effects of this vaccine. I went right onto the CDC website and looked at each vaccine and read it for myself.

16 blessings'mom said...

Izabela, I have been, thank you for your good advice. One thing that rather sways me is how well my sister is doing, despite all of her health issues. It seems that it is because she had one shot of the vaccine...
I also know that it's money that makes the world go around, and I trust the pharmaceutical companies ZERO.

Michelle said...

Wonderful news that your sister is doing well! Is Paul getting any better yet?

Izabela said...

So tough eh! I'm happy to hear your sister is doing well. I can see you live her so much!

Anonymous said...

I don't know yet myself about the vaccine. My dad downloaded these programs for me to watch and give my two cents:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2CKei149i64
I haven't yet watched, and am planning on having to sift the 'conspiracy theory' from the truth of the situation. You might want to check it out, though, could help you decide.
Valerie

Anonymous said...

UPDATE: I watched that video last night, and my husband (a biologist) had a few issues with the way he was talking about vaccines and their ability to wreck the immune system.(that isn't what is happening) You can delete my previous comment, and don't use that video as any sound advice. Yikes 😂😳
Valerie