summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

drawing a blank...

 The day was warm, windy, sunny, but not really warm...rather coolish, in the wind.  But the sun was brilliant, not a cloud in the sky.  

Sweeping, mopping, washing bedding, filling the sand box.( I carried TWO fifty pound bags of sand up those deck steps...one at a time, ha.)..we had some visitors out on the deck today, little Wulf and baby Tennyson, with Margaret and Evelyn.  Evelyn made chicken wraps with the girls, then butterscotch lattes.

Paul, oh dear, he seemed a bit better, but had to take two naps today.  He is just exhausted.  One of my RN daughters, who has worked on a Covid floor, said that as long as he's breathing all right, and is eating and sleeping okay, he just needs to rest and recuperate.  It's disheartening.  I thought he was improving,  it really is one step forward and two steps back.  

I'll tell you this:  it's easy to count your blessings when you are feeling it.  But when your very soul is hurting, and the strong, responsible man in your life is blah and quiet, and just tired...well, then you really need to fight! "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places..."Ephesians 6:12.    Yes, I do trust that God causes all things to work together for my good, but that knowledge is not the same is being tried.   It's easy to say, but then for it to be true, for it to be true in my life, I need difficulties.

Anyone can be happy when the sun shines, right?  

There is such rest in giving it all to God, but that doesn't mean it's easy, it doesn't mean my heart doesn't hurt.  And when "bad" things happen, it doesn't mean that God doesn't love us.  It's the very time for us to prove our trust in Him.

In other news, there isn't much going on.  We're getting a boatload of snow on Thursday, seriously, 6 - 10 inches!  Happy April Fool's Day to us!

3 comments:

Terri D said...

Oh my, I am so sorry for the trials y'all are facing and then you get 10 inches of snow on top of all else. Keeping you all in prayer! xo

Anonymous said...

I’ll trade weather with you. Here in Southern California it’s 88 today and 90 for the weekend. Way too early for this heat. Where we live, it is regularly 110 in the summers so it isn’t that bad, but 90 in March/april doesn’t bode well for our summer.
Kristi

Martha said...

Prayers for Paul. And you too, because it really is so hard to those we love not feeling well.
Not such nice spring-like weather today, but it will soon be back again.