summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, March 4, 2021

we all need a little dose of....

 ...thankfulness!  In no particular order, here are some blessings:

1.  India, my friend's daughter who was found unresponsive in the water, with an 80 degree body temperature, has woken up, and is speaking!  This is nothing short of a miracle.  She still has a long way to go to strengthen up and heal, but wow, God is good!

2. Our home.  I complained recently about winter, that I'm tired of being cold.  Then I realized how much colder I could be.  We have heat, yeah, we keep it low, but we have blankets!  We have slippers!  It's NOTHING to complain about!

3. Spring is coming.  The snow WILL melt!  It's snowing right now, but, it's March!  Last year it DID snow in May, but we won't think about that.

4. I am going away to Connecticut for the weekend, leaving in a few hours...  I am so thankful that we are able to do this!  The numbers are going down, people are going to be able to get together more, it's very hopeful.

So I ordered some fresh local coffee, (for gifts for a few friends in Connecticut ) it was roasted this morning, and I'm leaving to go pick it up.  Did you know that we live near the only city in the whole U.S.A which has a maximum security prison within city limits?  This coffee place is one block from that prison.  And shh, I never in my life told my kids that they had better behave, or that's where they would end up, as we drove by the prison, really slowly...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning Della! Yes we all really have so much to be grateful and thankful for. I count my blessings every single day. That’s not to say I never grumble about things.........

Such wonderful news about your friend’s daughter!! That truly is a miracle from heaven.

We had our Covid vaccination yesterday and so far so good. I have a very sore arm, but my hubby doesn’t. It can come later today one of the nurse daughters said. We feel grateful to have this first one and the second one on April 12th. We bought a new mattress and box spring the other day so I went the next day and got new sheets as the new mattress is 14-15”......,,, ours is 12” so of course the sheets don’t fit. I got new pillows also. I had a great time out shopping. I haven’t really done too much of that. It was a glorious day........+8C Our mattress is being delivered on Saturday and they take the old ones away! So that’s my news.......

Have a wonderful weekend!! It will be fun.

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

It's so uplifting to count those blessings, isn't it? And yes, a miracle from heaven, India's recovery. I truly thought it was going to be very bad news.
I'm glad you got your first jab yesterday. I am on the fence for myself, but still thankful when my friends and fam who want the shots are able to get them, it'll certainly open things up faster, too! The new mattress, yay!!!! How nice is THAT!? And of course you need new sheets too! I did that when we redid our room, we got the nice bed frame, and yay, new sheets!

Anonymous said...

Man, that is so wonderful to hear about India!!! I know of those situations where you don't think it is going to turn out, then God works a miracle! I'll spend the rest of the day thanking Him and thinking of those miracles in my own life. Yay God!
Valerie

Jeanette said...

There is so many things to be thankful for, isn't there? That's too funny about the prison. Keep those kids in line! Have a safe trip!