summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 15, 2021

sandals in the snow!

 I only brought Birkenstocks on this trip.  We traveled very light, each a backpack, and one shared checked bag, because cheap flights, you know.  The weather here has been stellar, warm and sunny and just gorgeous.  Well at home today in central NY, there is sunshine too, and it's 17 degrees.  It'll be a balmy 15 this evening, when we arrive, all sun kissed (okay, a little burnt), me in my sandals.  

The girls are still relaxing, we haven't started packing like crazy yet, although we should.  We need to vacate the vacation rental by 11.  

Last night we had tacos from a place up on the corner, I only had one, it was brisket, mmm.  I have had a bit of chocolate, and a few kettle chips here and there, okay a LOT of them, so back home and back on plan, ugh.  We've done a lot of walking, does that help?  I hope so, ha.

What we HAVE had is fun.  We've laughed, and we've fixed the world's problems, and we've encouraged each other.  I consider it a proper honor to be considered a friend to my older girls.

There is an atmosphere here, that spring break spirit that we don't appreciate.  We managed to find places on the beach that were more family friendly, and have been fine.  The other night though, we took a walk up the beach, and there were too many partiers with their music and craziness.  Last evening, there was a wedding on the beach, and the people around us were quite mellow, mostly kids and families.  It's good to see the kids running around, in and out of the water, being normal, being kids.

Home today, ahh home.  I love home.  I miss everyone at home, shh, even those big dumb Labradors.  And now, time to get moving, pack up all of our stuff, cry about the food we won't be able to bring with us, and get to the airport.  (Don't worry, we were careful not to buy too much, just enough, there won't be a lot of waste....). Have a good day, if you're in the middle of the country, ugh, snowstorms again!

4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Sounds like a lovely time with your girls!
Have a good flight!
Sleeping in your own bed tonight always feels good. : )

Terri D said...

I am so glad the weather was so pretty while you were here! Yes... spring breakers. We look forward to them all leaving!! LOL But I know the restaurants and hotels look forward to the extra revenue they bring so we just endure them for the week. Safe travels home and put some socks on with your Birkies!!

Unknown said...

Good morning Della! Welcome home 🏡 Always nice to get home. The travel part of traveling is the worst part! 🙄 All the ‘hurry up and wait’ at the airports is just THE WORST!! Anyhow it sounds like you had a lovely time with your girls and the hassle has been worth it. Have a great day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Joybells said...

I'm so happy you got to go. Your vacation inspires me to head to the beach. Although it will be the Oregon Coast, so not quite as sunny as Florida, LOL. I hope your trip home was uneventful. :) Have a wonderful day!

Joy from Salem